Another piece of the B.O. Win Puzzle!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Tequilla.... :thumbsup:

Gotta be the good stuff, though!

Doug

Pat

Supporter
IN RESPONSE TO DOUG'S COMMENTS:

How many were on food stamps during Gee-DUB's "reign"?

All presidents use executive orders...not the first, won't be the last. The real issue is WHY he had to resort to that number of EO's...and we can give that prize to John Boehner and the Republican controlled House of Representatives and their cry-baby, tantrum throwing TEA Party contingent. He had to do SOMETHING, considering that the Repubs were voting the party line EVERY time and holding things up...he did what he had to do and without those EO's I can't imagine what a mess our contry would be in now.

DOUG, YOU SEEM TO FORGET MR. OBAMA HAD A DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED CONGRESS FOR HIS FIRST TWO YEARS AND AS A RESULT WE GOT THE STIMULUS, OBAMACARE AND EVERYTHING ELSE HE WANTED. THE SITUATION WAS SO WILDLY POPULAR WITH THE AMERICAN PUBLIC THAT THE DEMOCRATS LOST THEIR MAJORITY IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IN THE 2010 MID-TERM ELECTIONS.

The most recent unemployment data I have seen shows that the unemployment rate is at it's lowest for the past 5 years...seems Bee-OH has made progress over what Gee-DUB left him. Teenagers are at 20%...but if a job is available, who would rather a teenager get that job over an "adult" trying to support a family???

DOUG, READ THE BLS FEDERAL REPORT , THERE ARE MORE AMERICANS OUT OF WORK NOW THAN IN ANY TIME SINCE MR. OBAMA TOOK OFFICE. IS THAT SUCCESS TO YOU??

Many of us feel Bee-OH's foreign policy is MUCH preferable to that of the most recent

IF YOU BELIEVE THE SITUATION WITH CHEMICAL WARFARE IN SYRIA, AN AMBASSADOR MURDERED IN BENGHAZI, THE THRESHOLD OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS IRAN, THE ABANDONMENT OF ALLIED POSITIONS IN ISRAEL AND JAPAN IS BETTER TODAY THAN IN 2008, THEN I GUESS IF YOU LIKE YOUR INEPT FOREIGN POLICY YOU CAN KEEP IT.

Seems the stock market is back up and now at record highs...Good news for the rich (the most recent reports stated that the top 1% are the only ones who have benefitted from the recent upswing in the economy, though...but, then, that's the way it always goes.)

WITH THE FED PUMPING $85 BILLION A MONTH IN THE STOCK MARKET
MONTHLY OF COURSE IT'S UP. IF YOU ARE CORRECT AND MR. OBAMA'S ECONOMY KEEPS THE MARKET WHERE IT IS UP AFTER THE PUMPING EASES, YOU WILL BE ABSOLUTLY RIGHT. IF IT PLUNGES AS THE "QUANTATIVE EASING" ENDS YOU'LL BE WRONG.

Sounds to me like we as a multi-national negotiation team have almost tied Iran's hands on the issue...thanks to the leadership of Bee-0H!

BLAME BUSH??? REALLY??? HINT: MR. OBAMA PROMISED A DIPLOMATIC "RESET" HOW THAT WORKING SO FAR?

The ACA website roll-out was not Bee-OH's "work", but he took the blame for the difficulties and did what it took to get it up and running. Hard to dislike a guy who can get things like that done in only a month, considering the magnitude of the screw-ups the programmers left intact.

HE'S NOT IN CHARGE??? PLEASE TELL ME WHO IS? (IS IT BUSH'S FAULT TOO?? )
SO YOUR CONTENTION IS THAT BECASE HE IS AN INEPT CHIEF EXECUTIVE HE SHOULD NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANYTHING. (NOT LIKE BUSH ANYWAY.) WOW!

-Still to be determined...but Bee-OH is promoting a change to the law to make that reality...IF (and that is a big IF) he can get Boehner and his band of cronies to allow him to make the change without insisting on attaching many of their nit-picking demands, thanks to the TEA party contingent's coercion)

-NIT PICKING DEMANDS LIKE BEING ABLE TO KEEP THEIR INSURANCE OR THEIR DOCTOR AS PROMISED? HHS REPORTED THE WEBSITE ALONE COST $634MILLION (SOME ESTIMATES ARE AS HIGH AS A $1BILLION). IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE EFFICIENT TO WRITE EVERY ONE OF THE 315 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE U.S. POPULATION A CHECK FOR $2 MILLION EACH. YOU CAN GET A LOT OF MEDICAL CARE FOR THAT.

-Still to be determined...Bee-OH cannot be held responsible for the number of doctors who don't want to accept the fees allowable under the ACA and decide to take their toys and play elsewhere...not much sympathy here for a doctor who makes $1,000/hour and wants to throw a temper tantrum about having to take less.

-THOSE THEVING MEDICAL BASTARDS! HOW DARE THEY EXPECT TO COVER THEIR COSTS! WHY THEY OUGHT TO QUIT WITH GOOD RIDDANCE EH DOUG?.
WHILE YOU HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR THE THIEVING DOCTORS , DO YOU HAVE ANY SYMPATHY FOR THE PATIENTS THAT WON'T GET CARE BECAUSE OF THEY CAN'T FIND A DOCTOR?

-Still to be determined, too...I hear horror stories, and I hear stories of successes. IMHO it probably is a function of how hard the person searches and what kind of policy they want.
-Still to be determined, too...more Chicken Little angst from the right, IMHO.
-IIRC, that was the first Bush POTUS who said "Read my lips--NO NEW TAXES" and then welched. Sets a nice precedent, don't you think?

-IT WAS HORRIBLE AND A TERRIBLE PRECIDENT. BUSH BROKE A PROMISE AND LOST A SECOND TERM OVER IT. UNFORTUNATELY MR. OBAMA WAS NOT HELD TO ACCOUNT FOR HIS LIES AND BROKEN PROMISES AND WAS REELECTED. SO THE PRECIDENT UNFORTUNATLY DIDN'T HOLD. IF THE ELECTORATE KNEW IN 2012 WHAT THEY KNOW NOW ABOUT OBAMACARE, WOULD MR. OBAMA STILL WIN? POLLS SUGGEST OTHERWISE.

Probably not the best president ever, but IMHO and in the HO of a majority of citizens of our great country, not the worst ever, either. His approval rate is at it's lowest and still seems to be miles ahead of the approval rate of his politically adverserial Republican politicians...whom the country's majority seems to hold responsible for the gridlock in Washington and the reputation of this congress as the LEAST PRODUCTIVE in 40 years.

-ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES AND THE CURRENT GRIDLOCK IS THE CONSEQUENCE OF THE 2010 REPUBLICAN HOUSE VICTORIES. WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR. THE ULTIMATE POLL IS ON ELECTION DAY.

Considering the TARP fiasco he was handed when Gee-DUB left office, and all the things he had to "fix", IMHO he's done an admirable job, and particularly when you take into account the number of campaign promises he carried through on. I hate to think where our country would be if Romney had been elected!

AS FOR TARP, PER WASHINGTON POST OCT. 2010: "Secretary of the Treasury Tim Geithner called the program "the most maligned yet effective government program in recent memory." BLOOMBERG NEWS POSTED TEH HEADLINE, "Wall Street Bailout Returns 8.2% Profit, Beating Treasury Bonds."
APPARENTLY YOU FAIL TO REMEMBER THAT AS A SENATOR MR. OBAMA URGED HIS FELLOW SENATORS TO "step up to the plate" AND DO THE RIGHT THING TO PASS THE TARP LEGISLATION. AFTER MR. OBAMA WON THE 2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, HE ASKED MR. BUSH TO REQUEST THE SECOND HALF OF THE TARP FUNDS TO BE ALLOCATED NOTING: "... that the economy was still too frail and that it would be irresponsible to enter office without having all the tools he needed to address the problem."
I HAVE POSTED EXTENSIVELY ON TARP FROM AN INSIDER'S POINT OF VIEW. YOU ARE CERTAINLY FREE TO SEARCH AND READ IT. YOU WILL BE EDIFIED BUT TARP MUD IS ON BOTH BUSH AND OBAMA...

MR. OBAMA IS NO DOUBT THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER. LIKE PIERS MORGAN SAYS: "After the perfect Barack Obama, who's a perfect physical specimen to many people's eyes, does it matter?" OHHHHH I FEEL A THRILL UP MY LEG....

Back