Anyone built one of these?

Although I have not built one, I have seen a bunch, been in one (thanks Bill!) and have been to the FFR open house. In my opinion, they do a good product, and the bang for the buck is significant. If you have not been, the FFR open house is not to be missed.

Brian

I built one

I hope you liked the ride Brian!
StiggF99, I drive my Daytona Coupe every day. It's not a show car, but a daily driver. Plenty fast enough for driving on the street. Many guys say it's just a little harder to build than a FFR Roadster. I think it isn't any harder, there is just more to build being a coupe. I'm the guy that sculptured out the prototype shape of the body, made moulds, and made the first fifteen bodies for FFR, and I got the first kit. I think FFR has made the kit better over the past few years and I think they are always looking for ways to make it better.
Many times I get people asking me if the car is a GT40 along with all the other questions...... Is it real?

sign on to FFCOBRA.com wealth of information. You have to see the car up close and personal. Quality has a lot to do with craftmanship of the builder. With the kind of money invested in these cars these today i wouldn't buy anything i haven't seen, touched, and smelled. Best of luck you don't have a lot of options when it comes to coupes.

Lloyd

FIA Coupe

Don't forget about our new offering www.activepowerinc.com We're using the C5 Suspension under a legendary shape. It's coming together nicely. We're still on track for fall delivery. Please take a look.
Chris
Active Power Inc.

FRPGUY said:
I hope you liked the ride Brian!
StiggF99, I drive my Daytona Coupe every day. It's not a show car, but a daily driver. Plenty fast enough for driving on the street. Many guys say it's just a little harder to build than a FFR Roadster. I think it isn't any harder, there is just more to build being a coupe. I'm the guy that sculptured out the prototype shape of the body, made moulds, and made the first fifteen bodies for FFR, and I got the first kit. I think FFR has made the kit better over the past few years and I think they are always looking for ways to make it better.
Many times I get people asking me if the car is a GT40 along with all the other questions...... Is it real?

Very cool, that is something i also considered was daily driving one. Just out of curiosity what kind of MPG did you get and with which motor? You can guesstimate on the MPG if you don't know for sure, either way a ballpark would be helpful.

Does it ride good on the roads? Do you get a lot of feed back from the front wheels? And lastly do you have powersteering?

Stigg, I get about 20 MPH in 5 th gear 1800 RPM Regular fuel. I have a 289 with a mild rebuild. 30 over, Keith Black pistons, rods reworked both ends, balanced, New GT40 "P" heads taken apart and cleaned with the springs reworked, three angle cut on the valves, 289 torker intake manifold, 570 "Street Avenger" carb, mild torker cam, Hydrolic lifters, msd ignition, Taylor 10 mm spark plug wires, T5five speed trans., 327 rear end independant suspension front and back. I think I've remembered everything!
HP; I have no idea, but it's plenty fast enough for street driving. The car weighs around 2200 pounds. No power steering. 15 to 1 rack steering.
The car rides pretty stiff with 450 lb springs on the front, 600 lb springs on the back, PRO shocks on all four.
When you compare the handling to a Lotus Europa, Elise, Elan and a Chevron Formula B, it handles like a truck! Otherwise, it's a lot of fun to drive if you like a lot of noise, heat, acceleration, attention and answering a lot of questions about the car everywhere you go.

Back