Around the world gt t le mans classic

Guys , we are set, our around the world in a GT will land us in Amsterdam then we travel 10 countries in 8 days to Classic LeMans............do we have a group going? would we like to meet up.........Im going with a cobra mustang group with about a pack of 15 or so.......Chris , myself and wives are all coming.........see you there....gtjoey1314

Re: Around the world gt le mans classic

Joey,
Welcome to the forum!
How would you like to drive the full Le Mans track for ½ hour between afternoon and evening practice on the Friday of the Classic? Much safer than the 2 or 3 parade laps on the Saturday morning.
Go to the Club website, where you will see the offer. All you have to do is join the Club and send in the form. There are also links to accommodation, entry tickets and the whole 9 yards.
All GTs, GT40s and Cobras are eligible (and probably Mustangs at a stretch!)
You will also all be eligible to join us in our central, highly-sought-after Club enclosure for the whole weekend.

Tony, thank you very much, will call Sean from the cobra group to see our full schedule, Chris and I will be traveling with 14 mustang and cobras, through europe....as I said we are doing 10 countries in 8 days..so far...I do not know if we have the extra day before .......will post either way.........We wrapped up the U.s. and Canada in October.......Trying to hook up with my aston martin group for asia.........
All of you will be in my new book anyway once everything is complete....
Will join the club either way, my son can email and I guess paypal the dues?
It would be a great footnote to the book.......I am off to Amelia Island tonite for the concours....driving the Vanquish 2,000 miles in 3 days round trip..........HAVING FUN......Will stop to see Lee Holman on the way......I still love his Mark II.........
GTJOEY...........

Joey,
Anyone who has done the mileaqe that you guys are doing will be worth meeting!
Please make sure to say hallo at the Classic. We will be assembling in our area from early morning Friday onwards.
Yes, we do accept PayPal and look forward to welcoming you for the track laps, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to drive the same track in very similar conditions to the greats of the 60s.

TonyMichael, thank you, will be back tuesday and join.......gj, will try to post the trip once I return too.........is there anything at Amelia, you guys are looking for? ......this has become a world wide meet...........models/posters, just give me a ring on the cell....1 516 524 3077.....gtjoey thanks again....

Okay, just came back from Amelia Island.....once again a wonderful show........
Great news.........while speaking to Brian Redman...everything race car fame......he will be at classic LeMans and will do a photo opt and sign the car as well.........
My OTHER long time friend of 25 years, will unveil his newly restored GT40 MARK III
The next to last built , nu mber 6 out of 7........
We will also have a photo shoot on the grounds, with the old street legal GT40 and our new edition........this will be great......................................cannot wait....
GTJOEY1314

Get ready the boat is docking in Holland as we speak.........
See all of you at classic lemans.........8 countries in 10 days............gtjoey1314

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Joey, please take plenty of video and pictures of these fantastic cars on the track. I so want to attend one day if time ever permits. Have a blast for the rest of us!

Joey, I second Michael's post. Enjoy for all of us and get plenty of photos.

BTW, Brian signed my car when I purchased mine from his son who was involved in the sale. I too attended the Amelia Island event and took an access panel from my car with me and was able to get a few great signatures to go along with Brian's. Hobbs, Bell, Agapio, etc. ENJOY!!

Re: Around the world gt le mans classic

Joey,
Welcome to the forum!
How would you like to drive the full Le Mans track for ½ hour between afternoon and evening practice on the Friday of the Classic? Much safer than the 2 or 3 parade laps on the Saturday morning.
Go to the Club website, where you will see the offer. All you have to do is join the Club and send in the form. There are also links to accommodation, entry tickets and the whole 9 yards.
All GTs, GT40s and Cobras are eligible (and probably Mustangs at a stretch!)
You will also all be eligible to join us in our central, highly-sought-after Club enclosure for the whole weekend.
Thanks guys for all the well wishes....Tony , my son will be home next week will join the club and hopefully we can do the whole get together thiing at classic.....thanks again for the forum.....gtjoey1314

Tony, I will join tonite, please im trying my best, we are with a mustang group and supposedly going to be with the GT40 guys....
Once you have my account do whatever you have to do.....Im in for the lap.....the photos ,the club joining ,the koombiyahs the whole works....thanks...gtjoey1314

Tony & everyone else- sorry to put a dampner on this, but whereas Cobras are welcome, I'm afraid the french organisers have strictly forbidden Mustangs etc.. only GT's, GT40's, Cobra's, Lola's, Panterra's. This is not my ruling, or that of the club, but directly from Gautier Rossignol. Best Wishes.. Andrew (Chairman- GT40 Enthusiasts Club)

Just to clarify.. Mustangs are welcome at the LMC... naturally.. but not on the track session on Friday evening. They can participate at will on the Saturday morning's run... Andrew

Andrew /Tony, thanks, sent Tony a pm, mailed out the check, ........Im going to see all my buddies.....see you all there.......gtjoey1314

Guys, do we have a good local guy in the event of a flat or worse? we are 5,000 miles from home.........thanks in advance.......gtjoey1314
2 weeks away.....cant wait..

Back