At the moment just a wannabe :)

I havent yet purchased my Tornado kit but the funds have nearly been put aside. I have no experience of building cars but I have restored a few motorcycles and understand pain sweat and threat of divorce.

I plan on the tried trusted 302/R21T route from a Tornado kit base. I know it will involved much heartache but as I hope to road build for under £15,000 I will need to scrounge and rebuild a lot. Even so this is a "years and years" project rather than have one now! Having wanted one for 30+ years what are a few more eh?

Anyway just to say hello as I have been lurking in the background and absorbing info for a while. Just a few queries for the UK based builders, do you have any links or ideas for registering the kits when you are done? The only bad thing will be the dreaded kit plate. Can you put private plates on kit cars or not?

I should be more active when I get building later this year but until then great site and friendly people.

My understanding is that unless you use all new parts (ish) and get a new registration, the only other legitimate possibility is a Q plate. If you are given a Q plate you are STUCK with it.
Unless you can find a 40 already registered which no longer exists and you can take over its identity?
If you have a 40 replica and the registration document says Ford Granada or whatever, then I ubderstand you are taking a huge risk and may come unstuck. See number 6 in the link below.
I would also be interested in other options if any?

Here is a link with some good info.

totalkitcar registration and SVA pages

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Armengar,
Why wait ? Spend your well earned cash on NEW - shrouds don't have pockets!
Wishing you good fortune with your '40

Back