Audi 6 speed shift linkage

We are putting an Audi 6speed into a CAV soace frame car. Anyone done this? We could use some help with the shift linkage at the tranny. The 5 speed has a stub shifter shaft that comes straight out and is parallel to the ground. The 6 speed stub sticks out and is inclined up at about 30 degrees. The slave cylinder is different but we have that covered. Just the linkage connection that has us quessing.

Hi Bud

I've just come off the phone to Ray Christopher re your 6-speed as he fitted one to his spyder a couple of years ago.

I have a bucketload of pictures of that build, nearing it's completion so I'll dig a few out and post them later tonight.. - hope it helps.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ps - Ray sends his regards...

Hi again..

Checking my pictures, I discovered there were two versions to Ray's change. Not sure why, I'll ask him tomorrow and let you know.

The first version is shown below and was operated by a rod change from the right hand side of the car.

Attachments

• 73522-6speedVer1.JPG
    73522-6speedVer1.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 442
Version 1 above was on the car when he was still building the car, however it had changed to version 2 (below)by the time the car was at the Isle of Man in 2002, which you'll note used the GTD Teleflex Cale system. Not sure why, if Ray let's me know tomorrow I'll spill the beans although with a 'left-hooker', the rod change idea might work better....

Version 2

Attachments

• 73523-6speedVer2.JPG
    73523-6speedVer2.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 423
Hi again
Spoke to Ray again - Version 1 did work, but where there was movement of engine/gearbox, the shift was not accurate, so he went back to the teleflex system which gave fine results regardless of what the motor was doing.

I must confess also that a well set up 'teleflex' cable system does feel very slick providing all joints are set correctly, in good condition and well maintained. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul,

Do you, or perhaps anyone else, have a photo or schematic of the gearchange lever mechanism in the cockpit of this "Teleflex" system? I'm curious how action is translated at the front end.

Thank you,

Andys

Back