Audi OIE 6 speed in RF

[ QUOTE ]
I buy NEW boxes from Audi Motorsport.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, wouldn't there be a possibility to specify different ratios?

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Bart,

Sorry you did not make it to the Run and Gun last weekend, I was looking forward to seeing your car and catching up again, what happened.

Regarding the 6 speed boxes, they were only fitted to the Audi for a short time and the boxes that are available are what might be called "new old stock" if that makes sense. The box I got has GREAT ratios and I doubt I would exchange it anyway.

Best wishes, hope to see you again soon,

Robert

Ron Earp

Admin
This box is available in the 2wd version of the A8 for instance. Unfortunately this car was not sold in the US, we get the automatic only with 4wd. The 2wd version was sold in Germany and France, that I know of, and boxes are available at yards there - I've had a friend check on that already. But, even in the yard it ain't cheap.

R

I'm sure the passat w8 4motion manual has this transmission. It was a 6 speed. It might just be a 4wd version of the 2wd A8 manual. I hope this helps.

Mark,

How are you going to make your 5spd box to fit in your RF? I would like to find one at a resonable price but I might try RB auto service in San Diego because they do japanese and german cars so I might be able to find one. I could get a passat w8 4motion one and convert it to 2wd drive but that will be costly. I hope this helps.

Back