Auto doors on SLC question

Kyle

Supporter
Allan installed some actuator driven doors on my SLC, many builders have them. What’s driving me nuts is that I can’t put the key fob in my pocket without always hitting a button and the door opening. I’ve even accidentally it it while working on it and half way inside the door, nearly caused damage to the door when I couldn’t stop it in time.

is there any reasonable solution?

If you are using an Autoloc keyless entry system the key pad can be programmed to need two buttons to be pushed simultaneously to perform a function. You can search Autoloc KL800 user guide and installation manual if its applicable. It might be necessary to switch around a few inputs at the controller.

This is exactly the reason I installed the Viper system mentioned in my thread. I also equally wanted additional distance with the remote. Bonus is the remote doesn't look like it's from the late 90s.

Viper system was pretty simple to hook up in place of your current one since was all under the dash..

I know there were a lot of people considering the Automatic doors that Allen makes but were debating the safety if the car looses power. In the last 2 weeks I have seen two Youtube videos of how the OEMs are dealing with the safety concerns that I thought you all might find interesting.

Maserati MC20 - Using a very similar safety pull that Allen and Scott Schwartz have designed.
Go to 4:35

Koenigsegg Gemera - Is planning to use a controlled "explosive" device that basically blows the hinge and allows the door to just fall off. o_O I would hate the be the kid who accidently pushes that button in his dads Gemera.
Go to 18:28

Back