Big Hi to all at GT40's .com From Newbie

Hi forum dwellers and info seekers, what a superb site!.
It's always good to find more resourses for your favourite marque/car of all time.

I've been involved with GT40's since I left school from ten years at GTD in the good old days, to customer KVA'S and the odd Dax40.
I'm still in contact with alot of the old staff and some of the customer base, would be good to here from you.
If I can help anyone with any GTD type questions I'd love to see if I can help.

Jim,

Welcome! Lots of good stuff going on here at this site. Were you one of the guys that came over to the USA to help build some GTD's in Alabama?

Apparently, my car was one of the two cars constructed there in the 90's by two GTD staff members with the help of the Weavers.

550spydr,

Unfortunatley I didn't get to go on that trip, I can remember the cars/kits going over. I would have been involved in the build/manufacture of parts used in your kit.Side note:- I did a Latvia build in Riga and one in Sweden.
Did Ray and Graham pop over ( as at this time they were normally over in the US once or twice a year) or would you know if it had been workshop staff (poss- Andy Bennet or Terry Bennet)

Last edited:
Hey Jim, good to see you are still around the car crazies! I remember you from when you were first starting at GTD. I came over twice and spent time at Balena Close partially building 40's to be finished by me back in the states. Great times and a great group of guys. Hope you are doing well.

Hey Jim, good to see you are still around the car crazies! I remember you from when you were first starting at GTD. I came over twice and spent time at Balena Close partially building 40's to be finished by me back in the states. Great times and a great group of guys. Hope you are doing well.
Mr Jones I presume (in James bond stylee), I thought it may have been you in the members listing but hung back on sending message just incase it wasn't. And like back to you sir. I do remember you well, It was fantastic times back then a shame it ended.
Mike and Ray just live up the end of the road from me and I still see them regularly will send your regards.
How's the family and your beast of a Forty?

Last edited:
Good to know you are still around. I sent you a prvate message to catch up. Attached is a picture with the car you saw me building - I am still driving it.

Last edited:
Back