bonjour à tous

j'habite à caen en normandie (france) je viens pour des renseignements au sujet des gt40 pour une prochaine acquisition, merci à tous jef

I live in Caen in Normandy (France) I come for information about an upcoming acquisition for gt40, thank you all jef

(Google translated)

Tiens, une autre grenouille... Et un mangeur de frites francophone!

Bienvenu sur ce forum absolument GENIAL!

Quelle genre d'acquisition? Une réplique? Pour les papiers, un plan prévu?

Olivier.

salut olivier, je ne sais pas si tu t'adresses à moi ou pas car la traduction n'est pas top...je suis à la pêche aux renseignements , c'est john dans le kent qui vend des gt 40 qui m'a conseillé ce forum. je voulais des renseignement pour l'acquisition d'une réplique , mais laquelle ?

Salut fred, comme pour olivier as tu des bonnes adresses pour l'acquisition d'une gt40 replica (CAV, GTD,....? ) et ou? A+ conta

:shrug: It's all Greek to me.

:laugh:

Not Greek! But one of the most beautyfull language in the world: French :drunk:

Jeff registered because he's looking after a GT40 replica kit, and he would need advises about the differents kits existing...

Olivier.

Jeff

It really depends on the amount of money you are prepared to put for the car and also the kind of usage you may envisage.
Most importantly, it is necessary to understand how to register the car in France.

A normal approach would be usage for road and sometimes day track. Price for a middle to good car (ie GTD, Ford 302 engine, Renault gearbox, could be around 20 to 53 K Euro but price really depends on investments done on the car and if you buy in UK or Continent.

I believe the best price/quality you will find in the UK but registering in France may be difficult.There were some for sale in France but price is usually higher.

I suggest you ctc Frank Catt in UK (he is e member of the forum).He is always very help full for guys like you and me. In Belgium there is a classic car garage who regularly sells GT40s: Mecanicimport.com.

Good luck and keep us informed

Rgds
Fred

merci fred, j'étais en contact avec mecanicimport et il avait une superbe GTD à vendre(grise) mais c'était un peu trop tôt pour moi...Elle est vendue! A+ jef

Do you guys understand each other if you use this strange arrangement of vowels and consonants ? I don't.

Z.C.

Question pour FRED, si j'achète ma gt 40 en belgique faut-il la faire homologuer et, est- ce que les démarches sont plus facile pour les papiers que les USA ou l'Angleterre ? merci fred A+ jef

Jef,

The only difference to buy a registered car in Belgium (or any other European country) is that the imatriculation certificate is one from Europe.By default each country has to accept registration but may be subject to local authorities rules on top.For the last one you should ask the question to French GTR40 owners.

Ps: j etais a Honfleur,Deauville et Caen le 31 Dec dernier pour les fetes...

En fait lorsque l'on est français et que l'on désire acquérir et faire rouler une gt40 c'est mission impossible ?

je crois que la seule réplique donnant droit à une vraie carte grise en france est SUPERFORMANCE? est-ce vrai

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
One laguage is never enough.
In Maori for zollis :Kore rawa e rawaka te reo kotahi .

and
Kī tōnu taku waka topaki i te tuna. Discuss?

Back