Can I fit into a GT40?

G

I saw the V8 powered car that you mention. It was at Lone Star's office here in the Dallas area. It is also the car that is used in their ads. When I saw it the back end was heavily damaged because the rear clip blew off. maybe someone forgot to latch it. I have heard that the car was sold and is being redone. It still looked a little off. I think the front wind screen was from a Chevy Vega or somthing like that.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Hi

You should be able to get into a Tornado TS40.
We offer a lowered floor pan, roof bubble and a special space saver seat. The tallest guy we sold a car to was 6'7" and the broadest was 350 lbs but we did move the central tunnel over slightly for that one.

Andy

TPSY,

I have a DRB GT40 on order. Should be here in Delaware by January, I hope. It has a
lowered floor pan as well as an adjustable
pedal box. I'm only 6'1",200lbs,but I don't
want to feel like a sardine. You would be welcome to come over and try it on for size
when it arrives. Laurel, Md is only 2 1/2 hours from Lewes,De.

Bill
DRB GT40/0035

Ron Earp

Admin
Seems to me you could fit just about anyone in one of the cars if needed. The RF already has a lot of room compared to the others but then other things could be added or changed as well:

*Pan modications
*Seat design/location
*Dash relation to frame
*Gurney bubbles
*Center channel location
*Steering height/posistion

I'm vertically challenged at well under 6' so I've got lots of room - once I'm in one. I still think getting into one will be hard until mastered through repeated use.

R

G

Hey Bill, thanks for the offer to come take a look at your car when it arrives. I will take you up on that. Gordon, I will definitely take you up on your offer to stop by your shop to see your cars!!! I'll let you know b/4 I come. F Catt, thanks!

Thanks guys!!
grin.gif

Let me endorse the RF40. I'm 6'3" and have no problem fitting (although at this stage I just have a mock seat - but everything else is there in the cockpit). I will go one step further and tell you that I can also fit while waring a race helmet (and making brmmm brmmm sounds ).

Back