Can You ID This Original?

gt40.jpg

A friend sent this to me. It was on display at a museum in the bay area of California. It doesn't have any side scoops and the roof is more slanted inwards.

Thanks

Bill D

Bill, I dont see a pic, though I do know that M0001 is at the Blackhawk collection in the bay area, asking price was $5 mil

Chris Melia is the guy on the right with the black cap,
Roy Snook is the guy on the left with an identical cap.

Boy Rob, if you took those pix, I must have missed you
by minutes ...

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
Boy Rob, if you took those pix, I must have missed you by minutes ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly not my pix ...

By the way, wouldn't the Mirage make a fantastic replica, despite the smaller driver area? I love that rear end.

Smaller driver area?.......that's JUST what you need in a GT40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Nice pics though.
Simon

Thanks for the additional pictures. That's the one in the picture I tried to post. Sorry mine didn't take. According to a sign posted with the car, it's the only surviving Mirage-Ford Coupe.

Bill d

Could be that the listing in both editions of Ronnie Spain's book (1986,2003) showing that it was a rebuild of M003 might have something to do with that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Perhaps when he gets to do his updated version that will be rectified. I know that I have a Gulf brochure from the period states that 1968 Daytona 24hours race was won by a brand new Ford GT40 driven by Jacky Ickx and Brian Redman (P1075?). Whilst a 1967 Mirage brought back to GT40 specifications, was entered for Paul Hawkins and David Hobbs. This car retired with a split fuel tank when lying second (P1074?)
Regards Allan

Born on Date 1/23/68
Also won LeMans Sep 28,29 that year (my birthday)
Unfortunately the Viet Nam "conflict" had me a long way from the Mulsanne speedway.
petty blue with marigold stripe- only Gulf car with single stripe, now all the clones have it.
GT40 P 1075 02/68 : Daytona, 8, Ickx/Redman, DNF - 03/68 : Sebring, 28, Ickx/Redman, DNF - 04/68 : Brands Hatch, 4, Ickx/Redman, 1st - Monza, 39, Ickx/Redman, DNF - 05/68 : Nuerburgring, 65, Ickx/Hawkins, 3rd - Spa, 33, Ickx/Redman, 1st - 07/68 : Watkins Glen, 5, Ickx/Bianchi, 1st - 09/68 : Le Mans, 9, Rodriguez/Bianchi, 1st - 02/69 : Daytona, 2, Hobbs/Hailwood, DNF - 03/69 : Sebring, 22, Ickx/Oliver, 1st - 06/69 : Le Mans, 6, Ickx/Oliver, 1st
These photos are NOT 1075 but of a mirage,and we all know Mirages are NOT REAL.

Tommy it seems you cannot trust what you read in Gulf promotion material issued in 1970/71
I know that I have a Gulf brochure from the period states that 1968 Daytona 24hours race was won by a brand new Ford GT40 driven by Jacky Ickx and Brian Redman (P1075?). Whilst a 1967 Mirage brought back to GT40 specifications, was entered for Paul Hawkins and David Hobbs. This car retired with a split fuel tank when lying second (P1074?)

When in fact P1074 and P1075 DNF the race!!!

Lies and fabrication!!!
Regards Allan

Back