Cav#131

Joahn, Love the car and what you've done to it. Envious of your roads too. What spectacular scenery.

You've obviously done things to your car that others have not. The window and light coverings come to mind. But I'd like to see more photos of the aluminum piece you have at the rear of the car. Not long ago someone posted about covering the rear brackets and you seem to have come up with an option. Can you provide details of this piece. If you've made other "mods" to the car post those too. It appears you have some white faced guages on the car. Lets see them up close and personal. Thanks and continued good motoring.

My concept of Heaven. Driving around in a stunning car such as this, with a partner or good mate, and viewing wonderful scenery. The more photos the better; really enjoying them, thanks.

looking good, also the surroundings in cape town when you look at those pictures...looks like you have some, nice roads to drive, with very nice views.
guess a aircon comes in handy with the temperatures in south africa? or is it in the south less hot then say in mid africa.

I will post some pictures on Moday of the Stainless steel plate I made to hide those ugly attachment points. The Smith guages were screenprinted white and looks very nice with the black leather dashboard. I also made some CAV badges for the dash and used some chrome trim for a nice finish. There are some stunning roads along the peninsula in Cape Town. The road in the pictures are used a lot for international car advertisements. And the weather, yes in summer I always use the A/C because temps average mid to high 30's on a good summers day. You are all more than welcome to come and visit - I'll take you for a drive along the coast - and that is a promise. Thanks for all the nice comments on my car, I am very proud of her.

pictures of the spoiler at the back. Made from 2mm Stainless. Attached a picture of the interior showing the white Smith dials.

Attachments

• DSC00626C.jpg
    DSC00626C.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 624
  • DSC00627C.jpg
    DSC00627C.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 623
  • DSC00629C.jpg
    DSC00629C.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 720
Johan, Now you've gone and done it!! Thanks for posting the pics of the rear plate you fabricated and the interior shot. But you'll be needing to post a "how to" on specs for this piece. It looks good and "flows" with the lines of the car IMHO. I assume its mounted to the brackets? Can you give dimensions for this piece? Thanks. Like I mentioned before someone was looking for this option just weeks ago.

Just another picture showing the rear plate. I still have the CAD file, please contact me if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• DSC00705A.jpg
    DSC00705A.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 526
Drove 500km from Cape Town to George for the George Motor Show. Had a run up the Outeniqua Pass before I left for home again. What a stunning drive it was, and got an average of 8.5km/L. (except going up the pass!!)

Attachments

• DSC01525.jpg
    DSC01525.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC01510.jpg
    DSC01510.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC01571.jpg
    DSC01571.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC01568.jpg
    DSC01568.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 417
  • DSC01560.jpg
    DSC01560.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC01554.jpg
    DSC01554.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 400
  • DSC01550.jpg
    DSC01550.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC01546.jpg
    DSC01546.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC01542.jpg
    DSC01542.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 437
  • DSC01541.jpg
    DSC01541.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 392
  • DSC01537.jpg
    DSC01537.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 437
Backplate/ rear filler piece: After numerous requests and pm's I will batch send the drawing in a Autocad file and a jpg or pdf format. Please supply me with your email and I will send it off. All measurements is Metric (mm)

Attachments

• backplateGT40.jpg
    backplateGT40.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 447
Johan, I think you own one of the finest/smoothest GT40 replica's I've seen...
it looks modern but also classic, all details so well made.
the surroundings from all the "plastic" covers and side windows, the side mirrors, the wheels/paint, the decals?, the nice color, the rear stuff.
just stunning.
I almost forgive you that you made it in RHD :D ;)

Now just get that shifter over where it belongs!! Right hand drive Rules! Happy motoring.......................(very nice car!!!!!)

Last edited:
Hi Bob
I have sent the files off to quite a few people that mailed me. Please mail me if you want it. I also have the CAD file for the aluminium sill plate with the Ford sign.

Back