CAV workout

Put around 100 miles on my CAV GT #67 yesterday.
It was a blast cruising with midday traffic out to my office and back.
Granted, it can't compete mpg. with my daily driver but it was worth it! :thumbsup:

Jack

Last edited:
I had a great day at work today, I get home and read this.
my day stunk.
Imagine a day out with a GT40, puts a big'ol grin on your face
a bit more than a day at the desk. a bit.

Sounds like a Blast

I had a great day at work today, I get home and read this.
my day stunk.
Imagine a day out with a GT40, puts a big'ol grin on your face
a bit more than a day at the desk. a bit.

Sounds like a Blast
Thanks Edward,

I do feel extremely fortunate! :)
That's why I posted about it.
I tried to keep my priorities straight for over 20 years to have experiences like this.
My goal to have a "Street legal" GT40 was a complicated one as I had to juggle every aspect of my life. Professional and personal.
I guess I'd like to say that a "Quality goal" is inspirational. It worked so far for me!
Aim high, make good choices and appreciate your life.
I just wanted to share with everyone how much this means to me.
Experiences can be rewarding.

Jack

You most likely don't remember the details of earning each dollar to pay for it. Not the details,
but you will create lifelong memories driving and owning it.
Money well spent? If you spend it on yourself, you bet!

I took a huge shortcut when I found the CAV car I have now.
But, I started obsessing on my "GT40 experience" over 20 years ago.
I never wanted it to be a burden on my life (and now family).
So I tried to bite off a little at a time. Even the smallest part aquisition was rewarding! By the time I found the CAV, I already had a engine and transaxle ready to go.
I am so lucky that I have an understanding family that I tried not to annoy too often with my project.

Jack
jack-duha-albums-jack-duha-cav-gt-67-picture1018-jacksgt40clay.jpg

Hi Jack, are you the fellow that had the GT40 "interview" piece with Adam Carolla? If yes, your CAV looks to be identical to mine...though you probably have a better engine/transaxle. Great looking car if I do say so myself!

You're in great car territory there. I have been trying to figure out how to get my family relocated to California for a couple years now. It's complicated with schools, buying/selling houses, jobs, timing, etc.

Enjoy!

Cliffbeer2;359109 You're in great car territory there. I have been trying to figure out how to get my family relocated to California for a couple years now. It's complicated with schools said:
And miss our wonderful NW winters Cliff?

Hi Jack,

I also have a CAV and put miles on it last weekend and actually ran it in the Tour de Orange the weekend prior.

I have been planning a civilized ride on Mulholland and then on to the Rock Store toward Malibu.

Please let me know if you are interested in such a ride.

A few pics from the Tour de Orange also attached.

Thanks, Eric

Attachments

• GT 40 014.jpg
    GT 40 014.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 282
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 327
Hey Eric,

Nice pictures. Sounds like fun!
I personally like running the gauntlet of speed traps on Malibu Canyon and Kanan to the coast, then north up PCH to "Neptune's Net". (Great food and view!)
That's a tight road down to the "Rock Store", and parking is so so.
I love driving, but I hate LA traffic, that's why I typically like early morning drives closer to home.
Hopefully we'll cross paths one day.

Jack : ))

Crudo,

No, I purchased the car unfinished and used the appropriate ZF bellhousing and shifter supplied by CAV through the Canadian importer Ian Clark.

Jack

Back