cav129

dean

Supporter
Just arrived in Southern California from Albuquerque. Still need some work but the car is mostly there. ZFQ transmission with supposedly small block 427. Have a couple questions hopefully I could update in the future once the car is running and registered. Currently car is running 17x8 and 10 vintage wheels. Tires doesn't run out close to the lips. Wheels backspacing does not look correct. Is this wheels for narrow body? Is there wheels available for wide body? What wheels and tires option do I have to make it look better? Front A-arms look like older style. Are they ok or should I upgrade to newer style if they are available.

Attachments

• gt40 yellow 5.jpg
    gt40 yellow 5.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 210
  • gt40 yellow 6.jpg
    gt40 yellow 6.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 240
  • gt40 yellow 7.jpg
    gt40 yellow 7.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 219
  • gt40 yellow 8.jpg
    gt40 yellow 8.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 225
  • gt40 yellow 9.jpg
    gt40 yellow 9.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 216
  • gt40 yellow 10.jpg
    gt40 yellow 10.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 206

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Dean,

Be prepared to be the center of attention where ever you go the that car, looks fabulous!

The front uprights are third generation and began appearing in the post s/n100 CAVs. The upper control arms also changed with the uprights. The front lower a-arms also changed, however the track width remained the same. The final four corner alignment will fix the wheelbase and stance, not to worry about it. Wheel offsets and fender clearance also work themselves out at the same time.

Cheers
Ian

Back