Classic Car Show, NEC, November

I am going to try and go down to this. We usually do the Autosport show in January but getting a bit the same after 10 years going.

Hope to meet up with a few of the club members. But I suppose I better join first!!

See you guys there!

Hi Robin,

Glad you are planning to visit the show. You will find that it's huge and masses to see (and lust after!).
Come and say hi at our stand …. you will be made very welcome.

There will probably be around 6 of us on the stand, usually overwhelmed by the number of people who are attracted to the cars, so don't hesitate to introduce yourself. We usually have a few chairs so you can rest awhile and have a look at the quality of the club mag and browse the merchandise.

Cheers
Steve Dean (MDA GT40 in Ferrari Red !!!)

Hello
I am planning also to visit UK on those days
so may be am coming to NEC and just say hello to some of you ?

Any problem to park a camping car on parkings ? are they crowdy ?
What is the best "calm day " to have a nice visit to the show ?

Mike Pass

Supporter
Lots of parking space at the NEC. The car parks are so big they run a bus service to the halls sometimes. Most days will be busy but not a problem as the NEC is huge. If you have not been to the show before you will need to keep moving to get round it all.
Cheers
Mike

I believe Friday is usually the quietest day but more expensive to get in. Take plenty of money for the rip off car park charges, as Mike says they are big, it can be amusing watching people trying to remember where they parked, until you realise you are in the same boat.

I have heard after 6pm the car park staff go so you get out for free, never had the nerve to try it as knowing my luck I’d end up getting locked in.

Been for the last 2 years after a 20 year gap and it is certainly a lot bigger than it used to be, you will do a lot of walking. Well worth a visit especially last year when they had a type 55 Bugatti although we the great unwashed were kept a reverential distance, you can get close to a lot of very nice cars, especially the GT40's.

Yip I have to second the car park parking fee avoidance technique.

Usually works , I don't do it intentionally but after the live action arena demonstration of the autosport show finishes there are no parking booths open!!

So the moral is don't pay when you go in wait until you leave!!

Stand was set up today. Thanks to all who helped!!

Attachments

• nec 1.jpg
    nec 1.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 411
Hi Darren,

The stand looks very impressive; you have obviously worked extremely hard to organize it all. I hope you haven't had too many sleepless nights! I am looking forward to visiting the stand tomorrow as it will re ignite my enthusiasm to finish my build (Southen GT chassis 15) which is at rolling chassis stage. Hopefully, the stand will encourage others to the joys (and frustrated tears!) of 40 build and ownership.

Cheers,

Neil

Well done to all those who put on a good display at the NEC. Was good to catch up with a few of you and I am now a member of the club. Well on paper anyway, full steam ahead for the build completion!!

Cheers

Well done to you all, your hard work has done the club proudly, it was a great result & I enjoyed catching up with friends.

Cheers,
David S.

Congratulations to all concerned with the stand. It was certainly busy on Sunday when we were there.
Steve, nice to meet you & thanks for chatting to me and Linda about your lovely car !

All the best, Steve

Back