Classic LeMans2004 Drivers POV

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Richard,

You are a lucky man! And, I am envious of you and anyone else who has been fortunate enough to run on that historic circuit! It is the quintessential road course, IMHO.

Lynn

Re: Classic LeMans2004 Drivers

I Think Dick is following Richard Hagley's GT40 (ex Roy Snook's car) passenger showing Dick where the bends are is Richard Guest.

John as Ian said it was "Roy the boy" in is old car, and Richard in the car with me. I was all set to go for it on my second lap, but for some reason we were puled in. A boy hood dream that came true to drive the la mans 24hr circuit in a Gulf GT40 OK (not a real one, well some bits of it are real) the best bit was when i passed the red car with the dancing donkey badge on the back of it on the start finish straight "YES."
In our 2006 video, as you can see their was a lot more traffic, with some rolling Morgan traffic jams.
thanks to Richard for his videos
regards dick

John, it will be good to have you along, i hope Richard Guest will have his car along as well!
what do you say Richard??????
regardsDick

MWGT40

Supporter
Hi guys

I have just posted my run round the circuit with other club members to youtube. Follow the link below if you want to see it - you will see some interesting exotica being overtaken including Lamborgini Countach and Jaguar XJ220. There was also a Ferrari Enzo believe it or not, but not sure where that ended up on the footage.

This is not the same footage as the pre race laps with the Le Mans winners that was uploaded earlier.

YouTube - GT40 at Le Mans Classic

Cheers, Martin

Great run, Martin, I thoroughly enjoyed filming it from the passenger seat. Lost count of how many cars you passed, but pity you missed out first pass down Mulsanne where you also passed the Enzo and a Lambo at even greater speed, perhaps you still have that on tape as well. Shows what an "out of the box" Wealden Engineering car can do ! Frank

Back