codes

Eric,

You sent me the message below several weeks ago and you have also told me that the codes on an Audi box are located on the top front. My question is, "Are all the codes that are, underlined below, on that flat space on the top of the box and if not where?":huh:

"I would recommend looking for one of the 016 boxes with the AAZ, 3V, or 3K. These have the 3.89 ring and pinion rather than the 4.11 that the 5N has."

Joz
(aka) Spider

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, the markings may also be found near the bosses for the mounting points. Note the markings at the top of the casing.

GT40_Aug_31.jpg

The 016 is part of the casting number as shown above in the center of the 3 mounting holes. The AAV/5N etc along with a serial number is stamped into the top flat area of the belhousing in the area of the pic to the lower right where the bellhousing just goes out of the pic. You might be able to see this number from the engine compartment while the trans is still in the Audi.

To All,

Thanks for all the info, I just hope that where ever I locate a box the people on the other end will do the looking.

Spider

Back