COMMON SENCE IS NOT COMMON

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_10f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_10f.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 507

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have done some tech for open track days with a local club in Calif. Believe me, that's not as bad as it gets. For example I have seen roll cage mounts bolted ONLY to 16 gauge sheet metal floor panels, 3/8 " clearance in wheel bearings, and seatbelt mounts through mounted to fiberglass body panels.

It's not that people are always stupid, sometimes they just don't know. Sometimes they just don't have any mechanical knowledge. I always point them to this website. The best armature home builder resource in the world. You will always get a number of correct answers to your questions here.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I've always considered myself a competent, if not overly engineered builder, against failure (I hope my opinion matches reality), and have been astounded by some of what I've seen on some kit-car assemblies. It would scare me, knowing what I've seen, to take someone else's build and test-drive it without a very thorough inspection of every inch of the chassis first (or very thorough interview of the owner/builder first).

Neil

Supporter
Amen to that, Terry. In addition, electrical wiring on many kit cars is a rat's nest. But suspension & chassis are the primary things to inspect when taking on someone else's project.

Last edited:
I am late to this party, haven't been updating on this site recently but.... forgive me if I am wrong but Walters picture looks like something they saw on the wreck of the Titanic 2000 fathoms below the surface of the ocean....
PS; metallurgy is not my forte.

Back