Convex Mirror Glass for Hippo Mirrors

Has anyone replaced the flat mirror glass on the "Hippo" mirrors with convex glass? (I have round dots on them but I don't like them). Internet search for convex mirror glass has come up short.

Just saw this. I used convex mirrors from a Chrysler Minivan. Laying the OEM mirror over the minivan one (that I bought at Advance Auto, IIRC), I found where I wanted to cut out the new mirror based on the curvature of the minivan mirror. I then cut it, and trimmed to have a smooth edge. Both mirrors are convex, which helps rear vision.

Just saw this. I used convex mirrors from a Chrysler Minivan. Laying the OEM mirror over the minivan one (that I bought at Advance Auto, IIRC), I found where I wanted to cut out the new mirror based on the curvature of the minivan mirror. I then cut it, and trimmed to have a smooth edge. Both mirrors are convex, which helps rear vision.

How exactly did you cut the mirror without chipping? I took mine to a glass artisan who’s been doing glass work for many years and it still wasn’t perfect..

Back