Cooper Cobra GT Radial Tire

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,

I'd lkie to know the performance of Cooper Cobra GT Radial tire for GTD-40? In this location, there are limittted options available in the market to fit to my GTD. BF Goodridge is the most populat one, but I'd like to know which is better either BF or Cooper? Of course, AVON might be the best(?), but not available unless placing order directly to UK and ship it w/ high shipping charge.
Thanks in advance for any info. onto this tire.

Just your basic S rated street radial, nothing special, comparable to the T/A's, I have them on my '65 Mustang and T/A's on my 40 both are just OK, hope that helps

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

Thanks for the info. For street use, there seems not to be big difference!? Most likely due to less demand, those high performance tires like AVON (or any other brands even local manufacture) might not be available in this market for classic cars(!). That's sad.

Regards

Yuji,

Have you looked at Nittos?

My exprience with Goodrich T/A's on a Cobra is that they suck.

Mike

Attachments

• Nitto.JPG
    Nitto.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 581

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Foowowee,

Thanks for the info. As I mentioned earlier, even those domestic manufacture like Yokohama/Nitto do not supply those tires locally here. Do not know why, but that's really not fair!?

Regards

FoOOOoooOOOoowowee,
Do you have any side shots of your tire combo? Are they 15 inchers? What sizes? Where did you purchase them? I did a qiuck search and didnt come up with anything. Not that I need any but I have friends rolling on 15 inch hoops that would be interested.

Thanks

Side views

Its kind of amazing that they are not available in Japan.

I love these tires.

Mike

Attachments

• GT409.JPG
    GT409.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 530
  • GT4012.JPG
    GT4012.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 468
Tires are Nitto Extreme Performance.

Front: NT450 P225/50R15 90V
Rear: NT555R 325/50R15 114V

Or, you could use the NT450's all around.

And, they are very reasonable in price.

Mike

Attachments

• GT4010.JPG
    GT4010.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 442
Back