Cover Plate

Has anyone found a good source for hood/decklid latch cover plates?

Pg. 156 of manual v.2.5 says that polished stainless trim covers can be purchased from RCR, but according to RCR, they don't sell these.

Attached is a sample picture from the manual, though the hole cutout seems a bit large.

Various online laser cutting services quote north of $100, which seems high for such a simple, small and thin part.

They could be made with a drill and dremel, but whenever I try to cut ovals by hand, they don't look very symmetrical.

Attachments

• Latch Cover Plate.jpg
    Latch Cover Plate.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 249
Super easy to make. Use a hole saw to create end radius, then a steady hand with cut off wheel to connect the outer dia lines. Could whip those out in less time than it took to call one place for a quote. Just use a measuring tape and you will be fine. ;)

I thought I could get by without the plates. After chopping up the gel coat and finding a void in the fiberglass behind the gel coat (from the aerocatch stud) I decided a remedy was in order. I made up a set from some steel I had laying around. I sanded the surface with my belt sander then clear coated them. Looks very much like stainless. I'm happy with the results, though they're not visible anyways.

A.J.

Back