Craig's SLC

I read on another thread that there were no ninja green SLCs in Dallas so I took care of that today. After talking to Fran and touring his shop in Dec and riding in Cam's last weekend ... I was sold.

It will be a street legal machine that I track 10 or so times a year.

Color: Ninja Green
480HP LS3
Transaxle: TBD
Race tail with stock Wing
Lift kit front
Hand brake
Carbon Fiber Interior kit
Carbon fiber Fender vents
Some Inner fender panels but not the full kit
Track day door side bars
Adjustable pedals
Penske shock upgrade
Upgraded seat package
2 piece side windows
Wheels: Forgestar F14 - Matt black
Factory body fitment
Factory body prep

I am looking forward to it and will definitely be seeking advice.

Cheers,

Craig

Congratulations Craig! Sounds like our cars should be going down the line together, I ordered mine on January 14th. I'm jealous that you not only actually got to see an SLC but even were able to go for a ride in a one. No such luck for me, I just had to take a blind leap of faith and go for it.

Best of luck!

Jim

Hey Jim,

Your faith is not misplaced ... You will be very pleased and they look even better in person than in the pictures. You've already helped me as well as your thread helped me track down Cam and move forward. I am planning to pick mine up in July so you may have a head start on me.

Yos,

Our color choice is very bold and it should stand out. I am ready to start.

Cheers,

Craig

Our color choice is very bold and it should stand out.

Now that - is an understatement!

My car was out in the driveway on a weekend - not too visible from the road. I had two guys at different times drive by, pull a u-turn and come up to ask WTF is that. And mine is a nondescript red.....

That green is off the hook.

Welcome aboard.

BTW: Fran, no more sales in Virginia.... okay :laugh:

Last edited:
Congrats Craig! I am driving down to Dallas today to meet up with Cam this afternoon. I was hoping to drag my wife along but she didn't want to make the drive so I will probably have to either take her back to have her come along for a weekend factory trip later this spring.

BTW, I love the ninja green! If I were going to go with the gelcoat only, that's what I'd do. Nonetheless, I think the AMPerformance car has become my inspiration.

Too bad the wife didnt want to make the trip but then I suppose with only two seats you would have to wait behind while Cam took her for a spin....

Hopefully you have fun....

Too bad the wife didnt want to make the trip but then I suppose with only two seats you would have to wait behind while Cam took her for a spin....

Hopefully you have fun....

Not to steal this thread but I had a blast and will post about it in short order.

QUOTE]

Not a good idea, on so many different levels...

Craig and Todd, nice chatting with you. Hope the excurision gave you an impression of what the SLC can do. (with cold January tires)

Congrats again Craig!

Craig congrats on the car, I know you will enjoy the car since it is one of the most awesome cars to drive. I bought mine without driving it and had no idea how fast it really was, man what a thrill every time I drive it. Going down to Roebling Road Raceway then to Daytona this week and am really looking forward to getting it back out. The best of luck with the assembly, look at all the build threads and pictures, it helps a lot.
Bob D

Hi All,

After about 2.5 years of labor (with quite a few down periods), today my SLC is legal to drive on the streets. I still have plenty of work to do on internal and external cosmetics, adding a few more sensors, etc but at least I can drive it (phew). Plenty of thanks to Allan, Mike Fling, Cam and others.

cheers,

Craig

Ron McCall

Supporter
After about 2.5 years of labor (with quite a few down periods), today my SLC is legal to drive on the streets. I still have plenty of work to do on internal and external cosmetics, adding a few more sensors, etc but at least I can drive it (phew). cheers,

Craig

And still not one picture???

Congrats!

Ron

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Congrats!

But...

177890d1395094471-laughlin-photo-thread-2014-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif

Back