Crashed Ford GT

I may have access to a crashed Ford GT in Dubai.
It has front end damage with one corner missing & has been 'written off' by the insurance company & has all but been assigned to the scrap yard by the garage concerned!!
As far as I am aware it has only hit a lamp post & the damage isn't that bad.
My question is, would the car have to be sent back to Ford for full chassis alignmet? I understand the Ford GT comprises of separate front, cockpit & rear sub frames so would these be available to purchase from Ford?
Bit of a long shot I know but I had to ask the question as I have tried several dealers within the UK & they have no idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Paul,

Any Ford dealer (with a GT certified mechanic/shop, if there is such an animal over there) could probably do the repairs. The dealer could get the subframes and any other parts from Ford. Doing it yourself, would most likely void any warranty remaining. Would there be any VAT on parts? I'd get a copy of the insurance report, and forward that to a qualified Ford dealer(over here, if necessary) for an estimate, before proceeding any further.

Best of luck! I hope it works out for you!

Bill

Paul,
I forgot to say on the phone the other day. Put a call in to either Rousch or Team RS at Dunton. They did the E compliance work here for Europe.

Brett

The car wil be going up for auction by the Insurance company but the Garage Owner (A Ford Dealership) doesn't think it will attain a high sale value as people don't want damaged cars in this part of the world.
Further investigation revealed a cracked front subframe & the aforementioned missing N/side suspension & wheel.

Is the motor any good? Ford wants $35000+ for a turn key piece. I have looked into a few parts for mine and lets just say Ford is very proud of the parts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif $$$

Hi,
The car above has made into the crashed exotics website.
looks like it spun, hit a garbage bin, then a telegraph pole! big ouch.
jerry

Back