Cruise

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Had a great cruise at sunrise this morning heading up the hill out of Denver and then back. It is hard to contain yourself in a car that wants to take those bends at 130mph. Pretty much trooper central up around Genesee so one must not over do it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6oTZw5UUb4]GT40 - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, looks like a circuit to me. You're allowed to overtake left, right and in the middle. As long as they look in their mirrors you can just floor it...

John

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Here in America John people just pick a lane. Technically you are to stay right except to pass but few do. Once you accept that few know how to correctly navigate you just smile and make your way. This was about 6:30am so traffic was light. The wide angle GoPro really gives the illusion of speed but I was rarely over the limit.

When I first moved back from Germany I did not think I would live out the week on the highways. So many good driving habits destroyed by the reality of the American driver.

Most people south of the Mason-Dixon line must have broken fingers, or feel numbness between their ears because the use of turn signals cease at that point on the map!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm astonished every time I see how sparse the traffic is in Colo!!! Even at 6:30 A.M.!

And yet, REGARDLESS, I see you have "left lane Lenny's" perched in the passing lane when the far right lane is E-M-P-T-Y - even at THAT hour!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot adequately convey how much those pencil necked, clueless, incompetent idiots TICK ME OFF.

I'm astonished every time I see how sparse the traffic is in Colo!!! Even at 6:30 A.M.!

And yet, REGARDLESS, I see you have "left lane Lenny's" perched in the passing lane when the far right lane is E-M-P-T-Y - even at THAT hour!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot adequately convey how much those pencil necked, clueless, incompetent idiots TICK ME OFF.

What Larry said! +100

What a ride!! I'd have a smile plastered on my face for a week.
Your GT is just begging to be turned loose on a road like that. Love the sound!

If I had a car like that when I was younger I wouldn't have a license today.
The GT-350 I had in the 70's was enough. It was hard driving a car that was one of a kind and every Cop in town knew who you were, where you lived, and where you worked. But I still managed.

A little side note for the cycling fan, tour of col. started today with peter sagan winning again. Enjoy the car, looks like fun.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is a great event. I got my 2000 feet of elevation in after work this evening. Days are getting shorter I can see.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
2013081700.jpg

Back