Deep twin nostril conversion

Fearing that I would not be able to push enough air through my stock GTD twin hatch to cool the rad, I had Bill Hough, "The Master of Fiberglass" cast an original twin deep nostril piece to graft on to my own. It's a real nice nice piece of work and looks like it will have maybe 6 times the surface area to allow more air to come through. As you can see from the picture , the hatch will now be open to the bottom of the rad and is going to look real sharp. If I have time I'll cut the bottom from my hatch and graft Bill's on this weekend.

While I was at his shop this week, he gave me a preview of some gorgeous side window opening hardware, sorry I did not have my camera to take a pic, but the machine work was really top notch. Let's hope for a production run!

Brian

Attachments

• deep twin hatch.jpg
    deep twin hatch.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 493
I did this myself, turned out real nice, Bud Jones loaned me his mould and I modified it from there, here are some pics of the process. I had some professional help both in the construction (I went to a sailboat guy locally) who helped with the structual foam which was used, we then cut the original at the corners and splayed it out to meet the new form, an auto body shop did the final paint with a semi flat paint .

My thought was it was easier and less expensive than a whole new piece, especially in matching 17 year old paint, looking back on it I dont know if that is true.

Attachments

• P1010611.jpg
    P1010611.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 354
  • P1010612-1.jpg
    P1010612-1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 345
  • P1010615.jpg
    P1010615.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 394
  • P1010614 (1).jpg
    P1010614 (1).jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 339
  • P1010622.jpg
    P1010622.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 375
  • P1010645.jpg
    P1010645.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 397
  • P1010646.jpg
    P1010646.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 365

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I am VERY interested in doing this mod...

Nice work!!!

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
I'm also keen to have this type of deep nostril for my GTD someday. Nice work!

Thanks

Guys, Bill Hough makes gorgeous parts pulled from original cars, I have his lower twin nostril panel, his Gurney Bubble, his seat shells (his design, although he has some pretty interesting original seat stuff going on) and am contemplating grafting in his brake ducts into my rear clip. And if I can make my front NACA ducts functional, I'll probably go there too.

I had to modify his lower hatch panel a bit to clear my fans, but I am very happy with results so far. With just a little work (unless your car is an original of course, then it will pop right on), his stuff can be a real plus up to your car by adding in those little seen bonuses and nice touches.

Brian

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Brian,

Your twin nostril from who? Is this cushman competition or any other? Does it fit well to std. GTD? It'll be appreciated if you could let me know the detail of your deep twin nostril?

Thanks

Back