Door Fairings ?

Does anyone know where I can source a set of the fibreglass roof mouldings that I have seen on some cars ? They fit around the front roof edge so that the door closes under them. I assume they are to reduce wind noise and ;eaks. Any ideas ? Preferably UK source.

Also, I am trying to source an alloy panel that will fit around the base of my holley to seal against the rear section (the one that leaves the carb exposed as you look down through the back window). Anyone got one lying around that may have swapped to Webbers or injection ?

Thanks guys.

Mark,

I am fabricating a 'warm air' panel at the moment. I'll send you some drg's, let me know if the dimensions are the same and we can fab one for you if you want one.
I will e-mail you the notes for the center section shortly.
Regards,Paul.

Mark, I presume the "roof mouldings" that you are refering to are the small ali. panels on door openings that were originally designed to prevent the door tops lifting at high speed on the original race cars,(see the reference books for pictures). We make these,but they are hand made to fit individual cars and not mass produced. They are made from a single flat piece of sheet and hand formed to shape.See photos of Andrew Fordyce or Martin Hacons cars. Frank

G

I always thought the door trim fairings were actually to stop the door tops lifting at speed. In use they do scratch the paint underneath the fairing so when the door opens it looks battle scarred.

Malcolm

Sometimes we'll flatten the head of a small nylon screw (10- or :cool: and thread it into the edge of the door where it's hidden by the eyebrow. The nylon screw contacts the 'brow, not the door paint.

Back