Door seal channel installation.

G

Hersh, I can't wait to see your replies. It is not going to be easy to seal this are off. With the front clip and nose area forcing a lot of air up along this area, I haven't seen a good answer yet.

I am at the point where I am installing the
door seal rubber. It works fine all around
the door but I need some suggestions around
the door hinge area. If anyone can post
a photo of this area I would be grateful.
I'm trying to make a good fit to lessen wind
noise and water entry. By seeing how others
solved the problem will help me decide
which way to go about this.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hi Hershal,

I have made an Aluminium plate that profiles the door and allows you to run the door seal completely aroud the door apperture with only one join.The plate fixes to the chassis upright behind the dash.
This should keep the wind and rain where it should be , outside the car. ( A particular necessity here in the UK!!)

Regards, Paul.

Well, I finally licked the door seal problem. I made a template that did about the same as what Paul described. I made prototypes and used them. When I return from the Fling I will remove them and make a permenant set. They work really well and
seal off air and water completely.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hershal,
As a future builder, this is one problem i know will come up. i have seen one cure, but it was for a Toranado unit. This is one of the asthetic issues each builder will have to deal with. ( Wind noise and water ) Could you post some pictures of your cure?
Thanks.
Bill

G

Hersh,

Does this mean (your last post) that you're going to have the GT at the Fl;ng? If so, I'll be taking some pics of your fix.

Ben

Back