Doug GT Forte thread.

Hi all,
Have bought a part built car. Plenty of work to bring it up to scratch, there are a lot of things I am not happy with but if the engine and box live up to the name it should be good when I get somewhere with it.
A question to other Forte owners, could one of you help me with a wiring diagram, I don't know if the wiring is as per GT Forte or just made up.
Another question, has anyone got Image BRM centre lock wheels with a hexagonal nut. If so what size socket have you got for them and where did you purchase it ?
Many thanks,
Doug.

Thought it was about time I put some photo's up. There is plenty to do, however cannot do a lot at present other than play with panel gaps, don't know why no wants to come and visit. Must have missed out on something I guess.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 12763629.jpg
    12763629.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 365
  • 12763633.jpg
    12763633.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 365
  • Engine 1.JPG
    Engine 1.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 329
  • Engine 3.JPG
    Engine 3.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 380
Doug, great buy! That is an impressive engine and exhaust setup for somebody to stop working toward completion. What transaxle is that you have? Tough routing for the throttle cable. Good luck with the build.

Thanks Mark. A few details the engine was built by Proformance Unlimited has some goodies fitted Edelbrock heads, Eagle crank, etc so I hope when the time comes to fire it up, all is ok. Engine was dyno tested at 420 bhp with a Holley fitted, but since has had an 8 stack fitted, so........ here's hoping. 6 speed Audi box also in there, so once I can get all the necessary parts sorted i.e wiring checked, fuel system plumbed in correctly, and yes that throttle route stood out like a sore thumb when I first saw it. I will reroute it, the bracket looks like a 5 year old has had a go at making it.
Anyway onward and up wards with the panel gaps for now.

Thanks Mark. A few details the engine was built by Proformance Unlimited has some goodies fitted Edelbrock heads, Eagle crank, etc so I hope when the time comes to fire it up, all is ok. Engine was dyno tested at 420 bhp with a Holley fitted, but since has had an 8 stack fitted, so........ here's hoping. 6 speed Audi box also in there, so once I can get all the necessary parts sorted i.e wiring checked, fuel system plumbed in correctly, and yes that throttle route stood out like a sore thumb when I first saw it. I will reroute it, the bracket looks like a 5 year old has had a go at making it.
Anyway onward and up wards with the panel gaps for now.
Mark Sibley installed the throttle cable and bracket.

Back