Electromotive Inc - Do they still exist?

Well - I am guessing yes - but they sure are difficult to speak to.

I've been working on an Electromotive Tec GT install and have had a few issues.

I've tried the US support number - 703 331 0100 and the technical enquiry option (2) cuts you off.

Selecting 'Operator' (0) puts you through to a voicemail box which does not then get back to you.

They do not respond to Technical enquiry emails.

The UK distributor from their website 'Dealers list' is 'TrackTune supposedly in Exeter and seems to have been dissolved some years back....

So - Any thoughts chaps?

Why not call one of the dealers and ask them to help out. I am sure hat SIAS Tuning could steer you in the right direction.

Why not call one of the dealers and ask them to help out. I am sure hat SIAS Tuning could steer you in the right direction.

Yeah - I'll try one or two tomorrow night (UK) and see how I fare. Just a bit annoying that the mfr are not answering - little point having a technical support facility if it's not staffed.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Well - I am guessing yes - but they sure are difficult to speak to.

I've been working on an Electromotive Tec GT install and have had a few issues.

I've tried the US support number - 703 331 0100 and the technical enquiry option (2) cuts you off.

Selecting 'Operator' (0) puts you through to a voicemail box which does not then get back to you.

They do not respond to Technical enquiry emails.

The UK distributor from their website 'Dealers list' is 'TrackTune supposedly in Exeter and seems to have been dissolved some years back....

So - Any thoughts chaps?

You might try Mike Trusty. He is a member of this sight and is (or was) a distributor, and is quite versed in EM ECUs. Search his name and he'll pop up or he may see this post.

Best,
Kelly

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Yep, that would be me. Paul send me a pm and I'll contact you or you can call the following numbers and put in the extension numbers listed.

Their phone system has a mind of it's own and does what you describe once in a while. They don't realize it until someone that has an extension number calls and tells them.

you can try:

Uwe Schuettler @ 1-703-331-0100 ext 217

or

Fred Schuettler @ 1-703-331-0100 ext 208

If all else fails try Eric @ 218.

Yep, that would be me. Paul send me a pm and I'll contact you or you can call the following numbers and put in the extension numbers listed.

Their phone system has a mind of it's own and does what you describe once in a while. They don't realize it until someone that has an extension number calls and tells them.

you can try:

Uwe Schuettler @ 1-703-331-0100 ext 217

or

Fred Schuettler @ 1-703-331-0100 ext 208

If all else fails try Eric @ 218.

Thanks Mike - I'll try them today and let you know...

Out of curiosity what TEC unit are you using?

It is a TEC GT system..

i'm using this and found a contact through thier forum, here's a link to thier forum via my email.
www.electromotivetec.freeforums.org
uwe replied to me within a few weeks!

thanks....

Well - thanks to all.....:thumbsup:

I tried again this afternoon (morn your time) and the phone system worked this time, so left a couple of messages for Uwe and my email addr. He kindly got back to me later so I called again and voila, instant assistance...

Nice chap Uwe - very friendly and helpful so I've downloaded the latest s/w & firmware and will have a look again later this week.

For anyone interested - there will be another firmware upgrade released in the next few days too..

Back