ERA in Sacramento

Anticipating my next build I would like to see a ERA GT. I am going to be in Sacramento CA. area in a few weeks. Does anyone know of a ERA in that area. Thanks Jim

You might want to call Peter at ERA. He knows where many of the ars are and whether or not the owners want to deal with folks who are "looking." Certainly my best advise is to come east to the ERA shop in New Britain. There are several there in various stages of build and you can see the chassis going together, etc.

Jim

Jim,

Great advise.

As far as visiting ERAs factory.........How much do you actuall get to see? Is it like going to the Shelby factory in Las Vegas, where you get to see anything you want, at a distance of 100 feet, or from behind the yellow rope?

I have been thinking about making the flight to New Britain myself, but I was somewhat cooled by what a person could actually see? The cost of the plane ticket is what it is, and the rewards would have to justify the expense. Can you offer any insight here?

Thanks in advace for your time and assistance,

I was there in the Spring of 2006. It was worth the trip! They let me see everyting right from the begining to the end. Great people to deal with. Highly recommended!
Mike

The shops are always open, OSHA and the insurance companies be damned. You can see virtually everything because they do almost all of it right there; chassis/frames, bodies interiors wiring, etc. ...and then you get to go to lunch with Peter... where else can you have that experience (and anyone who has done it knows whereof I speak). It's why I keep going back.

Jim

Thanks guys for the input. I did visit the shop 2 years ago when I was doing a cobra project. It was a great visit. At that time I did not look at the GT cars. I may have to go back again.

Gary:

It was good talking to you about my favorite topic. Covence the spouse that you need a fall foliage tour of New England this fall (and make New Britain and ERA one of the stops).

Jim

I was looking at ERA many years ago, as they were one of the two or three players in those days. They let me see all, touch all, and wander all over the shop. Even allowed me to fire one up that was in the shop for some tuneup work. Actually sat with the guys that assembled them and had lunch from the sandwich wagon that visited them on a regular basis.
Tornado was in a town about 40 miles away fron New Britan at that time. Told him I was in the area at a convention, and he wouldn't even let me into his garage shop to see one of their 2 cars as he was closing up shop and wanted to get home. Wouldn't even give me the time of day!!!

Bill

Back