Exhaust End Baffle Removal Question

Has anyone ever removed the baffles from the inside exhaust end (see model in the pic) ? Just curious how it sounds at idle and running through gears, and if there's any performance gain?

Attachments

• exend.jpg
    exend.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 204
Hi Chris,
firstly I would check that they are actually baffled. That design of silencer is normally straight-through, with a perforated pipe and exhaust wadding wrapped around it. This type takes out the high frequency harmonics without restricting performance. Replacing with a straight through pipe, would give very little, if any performance gain and a harsher exhaust note.
Regards,
Andy

That's my next question, I heard the megs on idle and its quite a sound. (I'm certain that is how they were original 60's race ready). I guess my next question is if I take out the exhaust wadding/perforated pipe inside the silencer, would it sound like the megaphones? Or would it be different because it becomes a chamber before letting out?

(i did this to a motorcycle ducati dr16, moto gp replica and it sounds like it should, full race sound).

Maybe getting a set of megaphones would probably be easier install job that actually removing the wadding inside the stock exhaust.

If you looking for a bit more (read that quite a bit more) noise, install a pair of megs! ;-)

Maybe getting a set of megaphones would probably be easier install job that actually removing the wadding inside the stock exhaust.
According to your picture, that would be way easyer. Any exhaust builder localy could make you megs as its just tapered pipe.

Back