FACTORY FIVE GTM

SO WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH FACTORY FIVE GTM ??? THEY DO NOT SEEM TO SELL WELL. I HEARD THE HAVE STOPPED PRODUCING THEM? I KNOW QUALITY DEPENDS ON THE BUILDER, BUT THAT SAID, ARE THEY A GOOD CAR WHEN BUILT PROPERLY ?LS MID ENGINE IS A GOOD COMBINATION .

OPINIONS ANYONE???

Joel K

Supporter
I have followed a very comprehensive build thread and my opinion is it is a nice car. They seem to bring good resale value. The major hurdle is body fitment. Roger Reid on the forum owns one so hopefully he will weigh in.

If you search for fasthings on youtube, his GTM build series is worth watching regardless of which kit car you are about to build. I really enjoyed it.

Lastly, I think FF next supercar is a derivation if the Gen 3 Daytona Coupe. So it will be front engine and not mid-engine.

Bill Kearley

Supporter
I wouldn't mind feedback on F5s Cobra. I'm thinking about one for next winters project. I have a fresh 1970 Boss 302 and a NOS C6 auto I would like to put in something.

Joel K

Supporter
I wouldn't mind feedback on F5s Cobra. I'm thinking about one for next winters project. I have a fresh 1970 Boss 302 and a NOS C6 auto I would like to put in something.

One of the best build threads is on the factoryfiveforums, Edwardb does some very detailed build threads and answers many questions. He built a Coyote based Cobra and now building a Gen 3 Coyote. I literally was about to place an order for a Gen 3 Daytona 65 until I saw Stephan’s SLC and you know the rest of the story. :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’ve built and helped build a handful of them. Generally speaking they are a well sorted “kit” and very well supported bith by the manufacturer and the community..
Not sure about headers for the Cleveland heads, but you should be able to work something out with a set of block-hugger style headers and their (FFR) side-pipes.
Bodies have gotten better over the years but still require a good deal of attention to get them right.

SO WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH FACTORY FIVE GTM ??? THEY DO NOT SEEM TO SELL WELL. I HEARD THE HAVE STOPPED PRODUCING THEM? I KNOW QUALITY DEPENDS ON THE BUILDER, BUT THAT SAID, ARE THEY A GOOD CAR WHEN BUILT PROPERLY ?LS MID ENGINE IS A GOOD COMBINATION .

OPINIONS ANYONE???

STOP SHOUTING AT EVERYBODY!!!

I started building a RCR40....it was challenging and very satisfying figuring everything out. Unfortunately, I sold it before I completed it.

I am now building a FFR 289 USRRC...just installed the engine yesterday. The FFR is very straight forward...perhaps even too easy!
engine_in.png

Back