Festival of Speed Pics

Hi Pete.

I'm no professional - I 'play' at it, but the camera was mostly used in program mode, where I could shift the shutter speed up or down through a range. Lighting was generally not good, i.e. overcast, so white balance was set accordingly to 'overcast/cloudy'.

Shutter speeds varied generally between about 100th sec to 250-300th sec. For the 'panning' shots on track, I tried to keep the speed about 100th-125th and hoped my hand was steady enough to get the car relatively sharp, but the background slightly blurred for the effect of speed. (it worked quite well, but NOT always - practice makes perfect I guess).

The lenses used were a Canon 18-55 F1.4 and a Sigma FG 50-500 F4. The Sigma is really usefull, but flippin heavy and whilst I had a monopod on it, I generally 'lifted' it off the ground as I have not perfected the art of panning on it yet :confused: (again, more practice I guess).

The Camera EOS30D and lenses I purchased a couple of months ago to replace my EOS300D, which also worked really well. I looked at the 'full Frame' EOS 5D too but could not justify the additional expense for what is basically an image sensor size benefit. (one day perhaps).

I'm glad people liked the pics...:)
Next main event, the Goodwood Revival in September.:pepper:
(not forgetting the Jaguar Woodbridge Speed Trials in Suffolk soon!)

I have just finished transfering pics to DVD as previously mentioned in this thread. I have used 2 x DVD-R discs and the images have been transferred un-edited in their original file size jpg format.

The images have not been individually labelled (sorry - too many!) but they have been grouped into directories titled by content and the space on the discs has been used as follows: (directory name - image count - size on disc)

Bugatti Royale - 17 Images (58.5MB)
Cartier Style et Luxe - 81 Images (325MB)
Dunhill Astons - 11 Images (40.5MB)
Ferrari Spotlight - 28 Images (69MB)
On-Track - 1555 Images (3.95GB)
Paddock - 350 Images (1.08GB)
Sunday Times Supercars - 50 Images (162MB)
Toyota Sculpture - 47 Images (138MB)
Bonneville Speed - 35 Images (77.5MB)
Red Arrows - 29 Images (55.9MB)
Other - 84 Images (222MB)
All images have been taken with a Canon EOS30D at Highest Resolution/Quality...
---------------------------------------------------------
The additional spare capacity of the DVDs has been filled with images from two previous Festival of Speed Events that I have attended.
FOS 2003 - 166 Images (500MB) - taken with Nikon Coolpix 5700 (some are in 'RAW' format - 16MB!)
FOS 2004 - 255 Images (463MB) - taken with Canon EOS 300D

Total Content OF DVDs - 2708 Images (7.09GB)
----------------------------------------------------------
I've just got to design and print the 'covers' for the DVDs then all is ready.

Cost, I'm asking £20 for the DVD set of 2 discs with postage and packing costing an additional £2.50 for UK or £5 for overseas (Airmail).

Payment would be preferred by PayPal - to [email protected] or by cheque if required (contact me for details).

So, if you are interested - drop me an email or PM and let me know.:)

As I've said before, I'm NOT a professional photographer, BUT I know that some of the pics make great posters - as some forum members will testify re the 2003 FOS pics...

Should you purchase a disc - you are free to print as many posters as you wish for 'personal' use. I would request that you do not further distribute images from the disk to third parties or use for financial gain in any other capacity. You are also free to post images or part images on the web or forums, resized to a maxminum width of up to 1024 pixels..

A few examples from the FOS2003 images:

Attachments

• DSCN1521.jpg
    DSCN1521.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 526
  • DSCN1539.jpg
    DSCN1539.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 541
  • DSCN1595a.jpg
    DSCN1595a.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 529
  • DSCN1599a.JPG
    DSCN1599a.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 527
  • DSCN1603a.JPG
    DSCN1603a.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 542
And a few from FOS2004:

Attachments

• IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_1962.jpg
    IMG_1962.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_2155.JPG
    IMG_2155.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_2243.JPG
    IMG_2243.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 521
Is that a collection of Bugatti Royales under the tent?

5 out of 6 is not that bad. It was not the 6th owner that would not release the car. It was the insurance company (14000000 euros each car ) that insisted that the cars must be brought in seperate lorries to the Festival. I think the 6th car was USA based and they wanted to transported in the same lorry. Two really expensive eggs in one basket meant no insurance. So only one came over.
Also the Howmet TX with the Alyson engine that was clutchless and need the wheels off the ground to start up. The original engine it had in 1968 I was told were Continental with three exhaust the middle one being a waste gate. Which meant that it could start up normally.
Regards Allan

5 out of 6 is not that bad. It was not the 6th owner that would not release the car. It was the insurance company (14000000 euros each car ) that insisted that the cars must be brought in seperate lorries to the Festival. I think the 6th car was USA based and they wanted to transported in the same lorry. Two really expensive eggs in one basket meant no insurance. So only one came over.
Also the Howmet TX with the Alyson engine that was clutchless and need the wheels off the ground to start up. The original engine it had in 1968 I was told were Continental with three exhaust the middle one being a waste gate. Which meant that it could start up normally.
Regards Allan

That makes sense as in 68 there was still the Le Mans Start and I believe that the cars had to start on their own.

Best

At last!! -

for those that have ordered, (thanks) your discs are being posted tomorrow (Wed 18th) as I finished printing covers etc this evening...

I will confirm their despatch by individual emails to each of you too.

Finished discs...

Attachments

• IMG_5397sml.jpg
    IMG_5397sml.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_5399sml.jpg
    IMG_5399sml.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 306
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Back