Few questions about the SLC.

I have been looking over the SLC and it looks stellar. I just have a few questions about the car after reading the forums and looking at the pictures.

Is there plans for some sort of side mirrors? Side mirrors would appear to be paramount considering there is no direct rear view.
The car looks so low in pictures that it might appear to be un-streetable. Is there much adjustment to the suspension height and that would not mess with the geometry too negatively?
Will the doors/rear engine cover hatch come with any type of lock/security measures?
The air intake above the roofline is used for cabin air and not air intake manifold air correct?
Do the side windows have any sort of air scoop or pop out function for intake of outside air or is the cockpit completely sealed?
How is cockpit leg/head room? I am 6'4" and it would be great if I could use a helmet.
Will there be a parking brake of some sort?
Am I correct to understand that there is some sort of windshield wiper under development?

I am basically looking for a track car that I can also drive around on the street during weekends. That is all of the questions I can think of for now and I look forward to new posted updates on the development of this great car.

I have few questions myself. Does the car come with inboard suspensions in the front? Additionally, is the car completely covered/flat on the bottom all the way to the rear diffuser? Thanks.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Is there plans for some sort of side mirrors? Side mirrors would appear to be paramount considering there is no direct rear view....THE KIT COMES WITH MIRRORS..they also have LED HIGH MOUNT TURN SIGNALS BUILT IN

The car looks so low in pictures that it might appear to be un-streetable. Is there much adjustment to the suspension height and that would not mess with the geometry too negatively?..THE CARS GEOMETRY WILL NOT TOLERATE LARGE INCREASES IN GROUND CLEARANCE WITHOUT DAMAGING SET UP.
THE CAR HAS 4-4.5 ' GROUND CLREARANCE AS SUPPLIED ...SIMILAR TO A GT40
Will the doors/rear engine cover hatch come with any type of lock/security measures?..THE DOORS HAVE A LOCKING KEY MECHANISM AND YOU CANNOT REMOVE THE TAIL WITH THE DOORS LOCKED
The air intake above the roofline is used for cabin air and not air intake manifold air correct?..IT IS FOR ENGINE BAY COOLING ...NOT ENGINE INTAKE AIR
Do the side windows have any sort of air scoop or pop out function for intake of outside air or is the cockpit completely sealed?..LOWER PORTION OF THE WINDOWS WILL HINGE DOWN..OR THEY CAN BE ORDERED FIXED AS THE CAR COMES WITH AC AS STANDARD
How is cockpit leg/head room? I am 6'4" and it would be great if I could use a helmet...YOU WILL FIT COMFORTABLY BUT MAY REQUIRE A DROP FLOOR FOR HELMET HEADROOM
Will there be a parking brake of some sort?..YES AS AN OPTION
Am I correct to understand that there is some sort of windshield wiper under development?..ITS NOT UNDER DEVELOPMENT ...ITS DONE AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME.
Does the car come with inboard suspensions in the front? NO..IT HAS UNEQUAL LENGTH UPPER AND LOWER ARMS WITH CONVENTIONAL PACKAGING FOR THE SHOCKS
Additionally, is the car completely covered/flat on the bottom all the way to the rear diffuser?..FLAT FROM THE FRONT UNDERTRAY BACK TO THE OIL PAN AND THEN FROM THE REAR OF THE CHASSIS TO THE DIFFUSER

More questions:

What are the dimensions of the car? ie. height, width, length (front-rear excluding rear wing).

Can it fit larger wheels? ie. 19, 20...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
74 wide
43 tall
168 long

The car was designed around an 18 inch wheel package......

Once its in your garage you can make any changes you would like.....:thumbsup:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Depends upon drivetrain package chosen and your personal suspension set up.

I have my car at 56 r/44f but that will change at speed

Is the car SVA compliant with front splitter, rear difuser and wing.

What is the with where you mount seats.

Is the fuel tank of blader type.

Thanks for the quick replies Fran. Side mirrors with LED turn signals sound great. Four inches of ground clearance seems tolarable for all but the largest of speed bumps. Although in the pictures the body lines seems to be lower in the middle of the car then at the front/rear. I just hope there would not be a problem with "high centering" on curbs/speed bumps and damaging that great body. Is the body the lowest point or is the frame or some kind of sliders on the rocker panels? I beleive to get a good feel for the headroom I would have to give your shop a visit.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The car is not lower in the center...just a photographic illusion.

The lowest point of the car is the ground effects package....which is also a separate component should it get damaged..

The car was designed with World compliance in mind...

The front splitter has the mandatory radius for SVA and the rear wing is removable should the need arise for compliance.

The Ultima GTR seems to pass SVA tests with minor mods required.....

The seat mounts use the same design as Sparco, MOMO etc etc race style seats....formed aluminum mountings.

As the pedals are adjustable the seat remains stationary..

FIA fuel tanks are also available as an option...

Last edited:
Hi Fran great job on the coupe and roadsters. I've got a tough question for you.

How much will a finished SL-C cost me I realize that there is variations in price of motor and trans. But I’ve read you have locked suppliers for LS7 and the Ricardo box. So ball park what will a finished SL-C cost same everything as the black one with stock LS7. Assuming I will do my own labor and body work?

What else is there to get with the Deluxe plus package?

Is there truth to the premium interior option I've read on the forums?

Ok turned into a few questions.

Dan -> Future SL-C driver (fingers crossed)

The car was designed with World compliance in mind...

The front splitter has the mandatory radius for SVA and the rear wing is removable should the need arise for compliance.

The Ultima GTR seems to pass SVA tests with minor mods required.....

Is the car tested in 170 miles ++ without rear wing and only front splitter and rear difusers, Any figures of change in downforce.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Dan...that really is a "how long is a piece of string".. question...

Drop me a number or give me a call so I can narrow down your options.

I have CFD data ....the baseline setting that is normally used is a bogey of 200mph...even if a car is not geared to run at 200mph...the extrapolation to 200mph is still used.

There is not a catch all set up....ride height, gurney flap,wing attack angle...all make a marked difference.

Minor changes make a big difference....braking stability is one of the largest negative changes when run without a rear wing.

RichA ..yes the coupe has a heater

Last edited:
With the questions flying, I'll jump in as well.

How complete is an SL-C when delivered? How much assembly can the buyer do? Is that an option or does the car only come finished/mostly finished? An example would be building an Ultima. With that kit, I would be riviting the floor panels, wiring the car, gluing in the windshield, etc.

Oh yeah ... the SL-C looks great. :thumbsup:

Chris

Hi Fran, can you post pictures of the bottom of car with the ground effects? Additionally, how low can the height of the car be set to? Thanks.

It would be great to see a SLC in full street trim too with mirrors and wipers and all that stuff rego authorities get all cranky about! In Oz, most States, or at least my State, require 500mm (20in) height to the bottom of the glass to road on the headlights. AC Cobras all require some spacers in the front end to get around this for rego; then later removed for a correct ride height, about 460mm on mine. It's unavoidable due to the shape of a Cobra. How's the headlight height on a SLC? Thanks in advance Fran.

btw, a SLC looks sh!t hot! Does it come with a cape? :)

Al, GT40's don't go anywhere near that 500m requirement to the base of the reflector and the engineers and transport authorities here accept that. No amount of reasonable amount of spacing will fix it. There are plenty of approved production cars that don't meet this requirement also. The advice I have received is that headlight height just needs to be reasonable/relatively functional and they are happy to ignore that ADR requirement.

And plenty of GT40's have been registered in your state and also plenty of other non-compliant vehicles.

Al, once I get a SL-C over here, should get you up here for a look. You can also check out the SL-R. Would be great to catch up. Or you can wait for the Cobra Nationals. Hoping to have a heap of RCR cars there.

Sorry guys, I'll leave the other questions about SL-C to Fran.

Back