Few questions about the SLC.

Al, GT40's don't go anywhere near that 500m requirement to the base of the reflector and the engineers and transport authorities here accept that. No amount of reasonable amount of spacing will fix it. There are plenty of approved production cars that don't meet this requirement also. The advice I have received is that headlight height just needs to be reasonable/relatively functional and they are happy to ignore that ADR requirement.

And plenty of GT40's have been registered in your state and also plenty of other non-compliant vehicles.

Al, once I get a SL-C over here, should get you up here for a look. You can also check out the SL-R. Would be great to catch up. Or you can wait for the Cobra Nationals. Hoping to have a heap of RCR cars there.

Sorry guys, I'll leave the other questions about SL-C to Fran.

Thanks for the info Craig.
Yes, looking forward to having a look in person.
Yet another example of different engineers interpreting the ADR's differently!
I didn't have a real choice of engineer as my engineer owns the testing on the chassis I bought. He also had a "strict" interpretation of ADR's which, at times, was quite annoying. Perhaps he was taking full advantage of his position? On the other side of the coin, he appartently has a very good working relationship with my State's road authority which may reduce the liklihood of an audit after registration, so the theory goes.

Thanks again.
Al

Last edited:
In the updated WEB-site one of the options is "FIA bladder style fuel tanks", does it mean that you with this option get 2 or more fuel tanks ? What is the capasity ?

The SL-C has a single tank.......

Race style package has bladder...
Road version comes with aluminum fuel tank as standard...(bladder available as an upgrade option)

Fuel capacity as stock 15 gallons...endurance/long range tank available by special order....(but does require relocation of battery and potentially some electronics depending upon engine package installed...not a major issue.)

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
The SL-C has a single tank.......

Race style package has bladder...
Road version comes with aluminum fuel tank as standard...(bladder available as an upgrade option)

Fuel capacity as stock 15 gallons...endurance/long range tank available by special order....(but does require relocation of battery and potentially some electronics depending upon engine package installed...not a major issue.)

your supposed to be on holiday...:coolgleam:

Hello Fran,

Hope to here more about the electric version in the future?

Would a 4 cyl. turbo version be possible?

As a second hobby car for me I need to also be able to drive the next build daily to justify doing one.

74 wide
43 tall
168 long

The car was designed around an 18 inch wheel package......

Once its in your garage you can make any changes you would like.....:thumbsup:

Width and height (with and w/o roll 6 point cage) of the chassis only. Looking to see if it can fit through an opening around 30"x78".

Why...??..if you need it turn it sideways to get through a doorway...how will you get it out when its fully assembled....??...I know you are going to turn it into a coffee table

Why...??..if you need it turn it sideways to get through a doorway...how will you get it out when its fully assembled....??...I know you are going to turn it into a coffee table
A dining room table would be more fitting.:chug:

Do not have a heated garage/shop so I am limited on the months I can work on it (3 months for sure, 4 maybe). Also would only be able to work on it about 3 hour total during the weekdays and about 10-15 hours on the weekends. So that equals to about 200 hours a year equaling 3 years to build the car (including custom work).

Now if I can get the chassis in the house, I can work on assemble (drilling holes, fluid line routing, wiring routing, body alignment (maybe), custom interior pieces, etc.). I can work on it year around with very minimal mess (I do not like an unclean house and tiling is more messy then my plans for this).

Drivetrain install, painting the chassis, welding stuff and final assemble well be done in the garage and will go much quicker because the bulk of the fitment and detailed work can be done in the house and if some reassemble is required, will go faster.

Bawah! In da house, you must be single. Pictures are a must.

If he's not single, he soon will be.

Alex, you are TOO MUCH!

I once solved a similar situation by converting a wide window into a sliding glass door with a patio:
1) Remove window,
2) Insert SLC,
3) Reframe opening to accept sliding glass door.

Good luck.

Today, 01:17 PM

Mmmm, you spend valuable keyboard power on this question but not the tire question that is driving poor old Alex crazy trying to figure out, especially when poor old Alex wants to give you m-o-n-e-y in a week. Alexisisisis is sad and will continue to stare to the Sasco tire catalog wondering if he should choose 13/25-15, 12.5/27-15, or 14/27-15 :(

Alex....you may not need tyres that actually fit your new toy for a while as you have the SLC to finish...I would just buy some rollers or bum some used tyres from one of our vintage racer buddies on the forum ....

Call Sasco and ask if they have any take offs for now....you are worrying about nothing at the moment...

Obsessive compulsive nature will not let me do that ... I must send tires to you so they can sit in a pile waiting for me to collect them :D (plus after my brilliant idea of sending tires to myself with the SLC, then to Ontario, lol, I'ma do it right his time :D )

edit: be nice and tell poor old Alex; I have a sinus infection and my jaw really hurts right now ... puh-lease :)

Back