Fiberfab Valkyrie build.

Just joined and wanted to say hey to everyone. I've been working on my Valkyrie on and off for a few years, in between other work and projects. Hoping to get it on the road this summer! I know these aren't the favorite of the new generation kit cars, but I'm still a big fan of the 60's kits. Plus every car is only as good as the builder who puts their time, effort and money into it. I consider mine to be more of a 60's custom than a GT 40, (that would be my interpretation). I'll post some pictures soon!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Welcome Dave. Couldn't agree more with your thoughts on necessity for the builder to put in an appropriate amount of effort and expense in order to have a quality project, regardless of how or what that projects started out with.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Dave!
Please feel free to start a build log here in the Build Log Forum to share your journey with us!

This is where it was last fall. Did a little more body work on the front and rear bonnet over the winter. actually got all the modifications done and body worked to probably 90%. Ill be reinstalling those soon so I can make sure the body seams and lines are what I want. I'd be interested to see what anyone else has done to one of these. The more accurate GT-40's are awesome, but it's hard to beat the fun per dollar of one of these "Oldies".

Attachments

• dave's picture 149.JPG
    dave's picture 149.JPG
    597 KB · Views: 1,572
  • dave's picture 150.JPG
    dave's picture 150.JPG
    589.2 KB · Views: 728
  • dave's picture 151.JPG
    dave's picture 151.JPG
    551.5 KB · Views: 749
  • dave's picture 152.JPG
    dave's picture 152.JPG
    501.7 KB · Views: 687
  • dave's picture 158.JPG
    dave's picture 158.JPG
    486.8 KB · Views: 697
Thanks for the compliment Luke. I haven't been able to get much done this winter. A little closer on the body and another coat of eurothane primer. I've been working on getting the front and rear bumperettes figured out. Covid, weather, and work have all been a challenge. Hopefully i'll get a few more photos up soon.

Any updates? I just bought a FiberFab Valkyrie, I'm looking for more info, hoping to share tips and get them back on the road.
Mine was running when parked 16 years ago, so it was once complete and working, although maybe not fully sorted.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It’s been a little more than a year since Dave has last logged on.
You might want to try sending him a PM via our ”start a conversation“ feature. That would most likely send him an email That would notify him of your message.

It's more brown than red. But yes it is in Michigan. I believe it was stored in Novi MI for many years after the previous owner passed away. It was recently listed on FB.

It's more brown than red. But yes it is in Michigan. I believe it was stored in Novi MI for many years after the previous owner passed away. It was recently listed on FB.
I was tryin to buy that one but the guy stopped replying. If you don’t me askin what did you pay for it? He was asking way too much so I’m curious.

Back