Flying up to RCR Sept 29th.

I'm very happy to be flying up to RCR Sept 29th to check out the SLC and all the other cool cars at the shop to see if the SLC is for me to build.
Raymund

Raymund, you'll be like a kid in a candy store. Have fun, you won't be dissappointed.
We SL-C builders are all sharing build hints, progress reports and the like. We will all welcome you to the club!

IMO the most practical SL-C combination for street/track days would be a Ricardo gearbox and the LS376/480.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ray, are you in for a treat. Wait until you see the SLC being built at the shop. I was there last week and it is indeed stunning.

As far as building a car for the first time. An SLC doesn't seam any harder than most and quite a bit easier than some. If you can build a self assemble car then you can do a SLC.

Do it! It's fun!

Man, I am gonna have to stop by there. I don't work too far from the shop. I spent most of this year fixing/upgrading parts on my TT Camaro. I talked to Fran at the Detroit Autorama earlier this year and he invited me out.

Hardest part will be not ordering anything. I must keep telling myself to wait until after we get into another house. :lol:

Even though i am interested in the RCR40, the other cars are over the top nice. Sitting in the RCR917 made me think i wanted one and then sitting in the SLC made me think i wanted one of those and on and on. Look in all of the corners of the shop. There is amazing stuff tucked into all of the corners and under things.

Back