Ford GT being driven quickly!

Why is it that nearly every Ford GT video I've seen shows a bunch of tards driving like 16-year-old ricers on busy streets? I think the kind of moron who would shoot and post a video like this is really looking for a penis dyno.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Pardon the thread drift but thanks to the first post, I ended up at THIS VIDEO. Dumb but I laughed at it. Well choreographed with the music and footage, 3 min long.

Chris

Funny the morons always do seem to need this on everyday streets, scare the common folk. But, put them on a racetrack and they'll wet their pants.

The driver is Carmilo Pardo who is the chief designer for the Ford GT. Whilst the driving is dangerous (certainly looks reckless to me), he's not a retard.

I believe that 'normally' he's quite a useful driver.

However, I would agree that most posted videos on the internet (and, quite possibly this one too) show the drivers as being recklessly myopic towards other drivers....

Bruce, I have to second that.
I once was given a lift by Richard Attwood, Le Mans winner 1970 on a Porsche 917 to a nearby station. He was the must prudent and careful driver
you could possibly imagine.
Or, to quote famous Rallye Driver Walter Röhrl:
"You can always spot a good driver by the way he is behaving in public traffic."
See Walter testing the Carrera GT:

Attachments

• Röhrl_PorscheGT.jpg
    Röhrl_PorscheGT.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 1,274

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Still Dreamin said:
Funny the morons always do seem to need this on everyday streets, scare the common folk. But, put them on a racetrack and they'll wet their pants.

I totally agree, that type of driving is the most selfish and irresponsible behavior, 230k's and on the mobile as well. Dickhead and Turd rolled into one.
Morons like him are the reason legislators are coming up with more and more restrictive speed limits, speed cameras and fines.
If it was Pardo then he is a dickhead.

If it is Pardo and he is the chief designer, tell him to take it to the Nurburgring, then let's see how fast he is. There's usually enough traffic on track during a weekend session to make it just as interesting for him.

I'm supprised that it lasted as long as it did. I wonder if any of these retards realise how much it scares other drivers when they go screaming past another car's door 100+ kmh faster than them. People like this generally come unstuck. It's just a matter of time.

Cheers,
Danny

Guys

actually when I lived in Houston this kind of behaviour was fairly commonplace. Cars, SUV's and trucks regularly undertook you and jumped in and out lanes. Seems most of the critics are from outside of the States where these manouvers not only classed stupid but illegal.

One thing I would say is that living in the US on their highways you had to have your wits about you all mirrors all the time to avoid these monkeys.
Another thing is the destinct lack of driver ed. in the US or at least in Texas where I got my drivers license. 5 mins in a car along the street, couple pf stop signs and a parallel park. 50 multiple choice questions for the hard of thinking..........bobs your uncle even at the tender age of 15....
tsk tsk

Howard Jones

Supporter
Here's what WILL happen in California IF you get caught.

1st, the car will for sure be impounded. You won't be there to tell some 20 year old idiot how to pull it up onto the flat bed either. Then it will sit in the impound yard until you are able to get it out. lets say you had your go on Friday night. Gonna be middle of the next week for sure. Can you imagine the shape it will be in when you will get it back.

2nd, The reason you will not be there to explain how to get the car onto the transport is because you will be sitting in handcuffs in the back on the highway patrol car. Over a hundred and you go to jail. Driving like THAT and you very well might end up charged with felony reckless driving. Still Friday night? Enjoy the company in the county jail for a couple of days. Nice people in there! All the drunks show up about 2am Saturday morning, ought to be fun.

3rd, REALLY, REALLY BIG fines. I would guess a couple of thousand at least. Oh and if you appear before the judge without a lawyer he just might assign you one who will not do you any good and cost you another couple of thou.

4th, Guilty? Are you kidding? Nobody is innocent in California traffic court. A few more days in the county jail if you are lucky, more than likely a couple of weeks if they go for the felony rap.

5th, You WILL NOT be driving for awhile, suspended licence is a certainty. Could be six months maybe a year. If you are lucky the judge will let you drive to work and back. If the highway patrol has that on the dashboard cam and the judge sees it.......you're gonna get really fu#*ed!!!!!!

6th, And now the big one, INSURANCE!! Gonna be double, maybe triple for several years. Thats if you can get it. NO goddamn way you will be able to insure the hot-rod for many years. Enjoy the minivan pal.

Sure makes track days look good.....and cheap.

Keith

Firstly, that kind of driving is commonplace in the UK but mainly by young bikers with 150 hp bikes, and secondly, I found it interesting that the commentary was by an Englishman in the chase Corvette who also had to use the very English word "petrol" to the driver of the GT when he pulled alongside, when the word "Gas" would have been more efficient and easily understood by an American as I believe Mr Pardo is.

So, what is the Bullrun anyway? Is it like that equally banal Gumball rally we have to put up with over here?

For my money it's not Pardo just an "ordinary" dickhead...:squint:

Howard

Points taken well! having driven in various parts of the US there it is not fair to tar everwhere with same level of driver competancy and consideration for others. I must admit that in your state generally people drive with more caution.

Irespective of this fact, obviously this type of behaviour belongs to an empty track

And yes you do get these tubes in the UK and SA too!

Steve

Howard Jones

Supporter
People should be VERY careful posting that sort of thing on the Internet. Should the wrong (right) DA see it and get a good look at the license plate....as well as a freeway location sign.....you get the idea. All it would take is is one clear shot of a face along with a license plate and you're toast.

Can you imagine a knock on the front door at at 2am, then a ride to the local jail in your PJ's.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[/Quote]

Can you imagine a knock on the front door at at 2am, then a ride to the local jail in your PJ's.[/QUOTE]

And then being thrown in a cell with a big hairy biker who wants to play mummies and daddys.......

O.K. I give up. Went to the youtube site. Saw a note about "if you've been sent this video...". Tried the search function under 'ford gt'. See lots of gt video, some not bad, but nothing that resembles your post and replies. Have they pulled it or am I missing something obvious?
Mike

Last edited:
Back