Front brakes ?

OK. What front brakes are you all running?

I am currently researching and already have cosworth vented rears from memory 273mm

The fronts need to be 320mm ish. I do have a set of 4 pot brembos (840bmw).

My upright looks abit weedy? Not sure if the original Granada one would be better or a reasonably priced new upright ?

What do you all use ?

Any advice

Attachments

• 20211229_193232.jpg
    20211229_193232.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 300

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Will 320mm discs fit inside 15 inch rims? I seem to remember 300mm being suggested as max possible.

Ian

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
OK. What front brakes are you all running?

I am currently researching and already have cosworth vented rears from memory 273mm

The fronts need to be 320mm ish. I do have a set of 4 pot brembos (840bmw).

My upright looks abit weedy? Not sure if the original Granada one would be better or a reasonably priced new upright ?

What do you all use ?

Any advice
Hi, yes that upright looks pretty scary. If you find some Granada ones I think you’ll be alot safer. Its easy to fit Wilwood 4 piston calipers with ready kits for that. Rallydesign comes to mind.

Or you can use original Granada dics, even Granada calipers as direct bolt on.

morten

Hi all thanks for the reply's.

I have 17inch rims.

I also have refurbished Granada uprights in the garage as well so could take the existing ones off and replace with the originals.

Will give rally design a call/email.

The brakes were inherited when I bought the kit car from another, hence seeing what others have fitted.

I have emailed hi spec and rally design to see what kits they do.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Okay, I'm gonna ask. What is wrong with the pictured uprights? Based on the photo, I don't see the concern noted at the beginning of this string?

Hi Terry,

The upright in the photo is only designed for a solid disk size of upto 265mm and uses the lightweight willwood powerlite 4 pot calipers.

Granada brakes will not stop this car twice. They will overheat on the first corner. I have a Willwood setup fron Rally Design, 32mm vented back and front and they just fit inside 15" wheels provided that motorcycle balance weights are used.

Back