Garage / Workshop in London

My lovely studio flat that I live in has no garage. As it's relatively close to Central London, any garage or workshop space is only available for rent for extortionate amounts of money... for the wealthy folk who need somewhere to park on their commute into town.

As it'll be some time before I have a house with a garage, does anybody know of anywhere suited to storing and working (would need electricity!)? I'm obviously willing to travel but would prefer somewhere within the North West side M25...

Thanks in advance...

I thought I might try bumping this, just in case the forum member with the perfect empty workshop lives next door to me in St Johns Wood...

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Worth bumping the post in case anyone missed it before (like I did). Also might be worth posting in another area on the forum too as many people do not read The Paddock - I would suggest the GT40 Enthusiasts Club area as many of our UK members do look at this.
Or you could look at placing a wanted ad on the club website:-
GT40 EC For Sale
(ITEMS WANTED section at bottom)

Anyway, I'll ask my Sister to keep an eye open, She has just moved to Muswell Hill, but works more centrally.

As this is approx her 40th (I kid you not) move in London (N, S, E & W) she is often looking at the small/for rent ads.

Max

I have friends who are paying in the region of £70+ per month for just keeping their pride and joys in single garages - not even in central London. I'd imagine your best bet is looking more out towards the M25 area and beyond - or move flat to a house share with garage.

Thanks Max... Let's hope your sis gets a place with a garage!

Paul, I'm looking at about £240 a month for a single garage where I live. I'd hope for a similar amount I could get a larger garage or even a double towards the M25. But finding somewhere with electricity is proving tough... My girlfriend wouldn't go for the houseshare, and with me being away for 6 months of the year, it would be rather selfish!!

David, I've seen the odd flying pig, once in a while!!

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Max... Let's hope your sis gets a place with a garage!

She hasn't gone for a place with a garage herself as she doesn't drive/have a car. She does walk a lot though, and looks at adverts in shop windows etc. Before Muswell Hill she was in Cricklewood, and who knows where next... [she's a serial mover!]

Max

Back