Gearz wraps up the Superlite SL-C story this weekend!

As most of you know, Stacey David was building an SL-C on his Gearz TV show a couple of years ago. The project languished, and now, finally, there is a wrapup of the project airing tomorrow, January 7th at 8:00 AM, EST on the Velocity channel.

The show will re-air on Velocity on:
Saturday, February 4, 2017 @ 8:00 AM EST
Saturday March 4, 2017 @ 8:00 AM EST
Friday October 7, 2017 @ 8:00 AM EST

For those of you who don't get Velocity from your cable provider, but do get MAVTV, here is their schedule:

Friday, February 3, 2017 @ 8:30am/EST
Reairs:
Friday, February 3, 2017 @ 11:30am/EST
Friday, February 3, 2017 @ 2:30pm/EST
Friday, February 3, 2017 @ 5:30pm/EST
Sunday, February 5, 2017 @ 10:30am/EST
Monday, February 6, 2017 @ 3:00am/EST
Later Reairs:
Friday, March 3, 2017
Friday, October 13, 2017
Friday, December 30, 2017

If you don't get either of those two channels, you also have the option of watching the show online with a GearZ Nation All-Access membership: www.staceydavid.com/join

Set your DVRs!

I had lunch with Stacy at SEMA last year (Nov 2015). He said the car was finished and they took the twin turbos off the car. He claimed the owner thought it didn't need all the power.

I look forward to catching this on You Tube.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I had lunch with Stacy at SEMA last year (Nov 2015). He said the car was finished and they took the twin turbos off the car. He claimed the owner thought it didn't need all the power.

There's no such thing as too much power!

I contacted the show about buying that car a couple years back and I was told it had been completed and was back in the hands of its owner ('dumb as I am, I wasn't aware Stacy had built it for another party! I thought he had built it for himself!)...but, at that time there was no mention of the turbos having been removed.

Shoot, I'd have left 'em in place and just bought a lighter weight right shoe...or 'mebbe' put a throttle stop on the linkage! :D

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Will watch to see the completed car. On another note, I stopped watching that show years ago. They never seemed to complete anything. Seemed very unorganized to me.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Well, it was great to see Will and Bill's cars on the show, but a bit disappointing that Stacey never finished the SLC.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, it was great to see Will and Bill's cars on the show, but a bit disappointing that Stacey never finished the SLC.

Stacy said he "sold it to a friend of mine"...which doesn't match what I THOUGHT I'd been told when I inquired about the car. I was given to believe Stacy had built it for someone specific from the start. In any event, the car was GONE, so the exact particulars matter not.

Regardless, I thought we'd at least SEE "the (actual) wrap up of the project" TT car featured on this episode. Other than flashbacks to previous episodes, the TT car was completely MIA/AWOL.

'Major league, industrial strength 'BUMMER'. I'd like to have seen/heard it on the road. :annoyed:

There's no such thing as too much power!

I contacted the show about buying that car a couple years back and I was told it had been completed and was back in the hands of its owner ('dumb as I am, I wasn't aware Stacy had built it for another party! I thought he had built it for himself!)...but, at that time there was no mention of the turbos having been removed.

Shoot, I'd have left 'em in place and just bought a lighter weight right shoe...or 'mebbe' put a throttle stop on the linkage! :D
I seem to recall him saying the owner took the turbos off after the car left the show. Stacy was a little vague about the entire thing. I kinda wondered if there was a lot more to the story.

Will watch to see the completed car. On another note, I stopped watching that show years ago. They never seemed to complete anything. Seemed very unorganized to me.
After talking to Stacy for about 30-45 min, I quickly realized he's exactly the same person he is on TV. Pretty much still that 17 year old kid from HS shop class from back in the 80's. :smoking: Remember how those project cars in shop class never seemed to get completed???

Cool guy though, it was neat to have gotten to sit down with him one on one and hear so many stories.

Stacy said he "sold it to a friend of mine"...which doesn't match what I THOUGHT I'd been told when I inquired about the car. I was given to believe Stacy had built it for someone specific from the start. In any event, the car was GONE, so the exact particulars matter not.

Regardless, I thought we'd at least SEE "the (actual) wrap up of the project" TT car featured on this episode. Other than flashbacks to previous episodes, the TT car was completely MIA/AWOL.

'Major league, industrial strength 'BUMMER'. I'd like to have seen/heard it on the road. :annoyed:

+1!!!!!

HCF - John

Gearbox / Brake Systems
Caught the show, too.
Agree a lot of skill went in to those builds!

Will and Bill - how long did it take you to complete those on your own?

I'm pretty sure they scrap the cars they build on the show - way too much potential liability associated with selling them.

Back