Going to be looking for years now

As the title suggest, I will just be reading and looking at y'all's builds. I have a ton to learn.

My current house doesn't have the means to support building a sl-c but we plan to move in the coming years. We hope to have enough equity in our house to basically pay cash for land and I build the house and barn myself.

While I don't care to have a show car so much as a fun daily, reliable, and exotic (if there is such a thing), I do want to have the body sanded and painted. I do not care for carbon fiber because I'm not the Stig and I would paint over it anyways. My power goal is to stay in a safer side of a coyote engine, so maybe a blower and be at about 700-900whp. My goal is to stay under $100k... But most importantly keeping the wife okay with spending that. She would be okay with a Pontiac Aztec honestly, so it's a hard sale.

This car to me will be my final fun car. Nothing will top this... But then I need an off-road rig. If they make the Moab 4dr, that might be it.

Anyways, wanted to introduce myself and my goals. It will be a few years before I even order but I'd love to update this post when I do order it.

Neil

Supporter
As the title suggest, I will just be reading and looking at y'all's builds. I have a ton to learn.

My current house doesn't have the means to support building a sl-c but we plan to move in the coming years. We hope to have enough equity in our house to basically pay cash for land and I build the house and barn myself.

While I don't care to have a show car so much as a fun daily, reliable, and exotic (if there is such a thing), I do want to have the body sanded and painted. I do not care for carbon fiber because I'm not the Stig and I would paint over it anyways. My power goal is to stay in a safer side of a coyote engine, so maybe a blower and be at about 700-900whp. My goal is to stay under $100k... But most importantly keeping the wife okay with spending that. She would be okay with a Pontiac Aztec honestly, so it's a hard sale.

This car to me will be my final fun car. Nothing will top this... But then I need an off-road rig. If they make the Moab 4dr, that might be it.

Anyways, wanted to introduce myself and my goals. It will be a few years before I even order but I'd love to update this post when I do order it.
In a car like a GT40, an engine with half that horsepower will be more tractable on the street. Good luck- the hardest part of a build is getting started.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Red5Pade - please see your PM regarding user names here..

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter

Get the transaxle first and figure out what power and torque it will survive with.
The chances are for 500hp you will spend 3 to 3 times the engine cost on the transaxle.

Other than that it is your car so build it the way that makes you smile

Ian

Get the transaxle first and figure out what power and torque it will survive with.
The chances are for 500hp you will spend 3 to 3 times the engine cost on the transaxle.

Other than that it is your car so build it the way that makes you smile

Ian
Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure what to go with yet. I want something that can handle power for sure

I recently did the same. Bought land, saved, then took a heloc on the residence and sold a rent house to build the new digs. Best feeling ever selling the old house, paying off the heloc and owning your home outright.

I've been waiting 10 months so far for my transaxle, and no doubt, it'll be the single biggest expense.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Andrew. As others have said, get your transaxle and build from there. It will take you a long time to read all the build logs so get yourself a notebook and write down what you find interesting and would like to incorporate into your build. I find it best to write the builders log id and the post number so I can easily find it.
Enjoy the forum !!!

Regards Brian

Hi Andrew Tom here , If you are buying a transaxle , I have a Porsche 996 in my car and it is bullet proof . If you are pushing four hundred horse power
or up use a 997 . These transaxles need to be flipped to work in your car , first pull out the vent , get a 1/4" pipe tap grease it and tap the hole for a new plug , the original plug will be for draining . Next get a Kennedy Engineering adapter plate to tie into your Ford block . If you have any questions please call me at 321-292-9005 , and I will send you pictures of my car .

Back