Good Experience with Ford Racing Tech line...

I spoke with one of the guys at Ford's Racing Tech Line this morning regarding a new cam for my 351W.... I explained what my situation was... what I wanted... and what I have now...

He said... Well you can do what ever you want... but here's what would work best... Use the stock Lightning 351 OEM cam (which I currently have) and just use some 1.7 Roller rocker to get the lift increase... it should work perfectly...

Now, I was ready to buy a complete new roller cam, lifters, push rods, rockers, and related accessories... He says, save your money and try it this way first...

and I think I will.

btw... This is the second time I've called them.... both times, they were very helpful, didn't oput me on hold for 20 minutes, and seemed to be very knowlegable about the stuff I wanted to know... Thumbs Up to Ford!!

Thanks
mardyn

My experience with the tech-line have been postive as well. I have a mustang cobra and needed the pins for the o2 sensors in the ecu and in a minute or two they told me. Wonderful people and an awesome service.

Are those guys just associated with Ford Racing Performance Parts or can they give you general Ford info as well? I need to find an engine spec sheet for an old 289 and I have no clue who to contact about it.

I would appreciate any pointers or please post the phone number that you called.

Thanks,
Lukas

Don't know about the older stuff... but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask... the number I called was 586-468-1356 and I talked to a cool cat name Vido (Vee-dough).

mardyn

All the Ford perormance tech questions get routed to "Total Perofrmance " in Michigan....luckily for me they are five minutes from my house.
They are great guys with a wealth of knowledge and they are all too willing to help..with any question new or old
Actually they were the original engine supplier to Ray Christopher when he was building GTD's,they were all marine packages to start with and were modified to Rays spec before being shipped.
I digress....great guys to deal with

Back