Graziano L140 r-tronic aftermarket controller GCU/ECU?

Hi there, since the graziano transmission seems quite popular then maybe someone out there knows more than me about the r-tronic unit that audi uses to control it on their automatic/paddle versions of the r8?
the goal here is to control the valves and take input from the sensors from the r-tronic unit on the gearbox to either a ECU or GCU to run paddle shifters on the next project.
If this all goes south then i'll convert the shifter arm to manual application instead, but i would REALLY like to run a paddle shifter and it SHOULD be possible since the valve's are just on/off valves for selector shaft in/out control, and a proportional valve to control the twisting motion of the selector rod.

Anyone had any experience trying to control this kind of setup before?
(attached pdf have quite the information of the system itself)

Attachments

• D4B802F7873-SSP_950123_Audi_R8_Power_Transmission.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 80
I have a r tronic unit that i have removed from my gearbox. Seems quite simple, also quite simple to modify it to use it as a manual box.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I have a r tronic unit that i have removed from my gearbox. Seems quite simple, also quite simple to modify it to use it as a manual box.
It may be very difficult and expensive to acquire the manual conversion parts however. They are in high demand and the wrecking/salvage yards know this.

Joel K

Supporter
Daniel,

Lloyd posted an HCF Auto Paddle System for sale. Not sure if he still has it...

Back