GT Forte experience

Hi, I am new here.
Currently I am thinking about to get the GT Forte kit because of the low initial investment. I would like to know if there is somebody who has built the GT40 all the way down using the GT Forte kit. And what are your experience? Is there some other possibility to get in the build for as low amount of money as the GT Forte offer (I want to start just with the "Chassis Tube Flat Pack Kit" so far).

Thank you very much for any advice

Best wishes,
Martin

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Speak to Andy at Tornado Sportscars.
I believe he still does a kit, sold in sections that you complete as time and budget allows.

And also Southern GT - there are numerous cars on here from both makers

I am not sure I have seen a GT Forte completed, the closest I believe is Nick.

There have also been numerous posts of Darren getting paid and the parts never arriving.

ian

Speak to Andy at Tornado Sportscars.
I believe he still does a kit, sold in sections that you complete as time and budget allows.

And also Southern GT - there are numerous cars on here from both makers

I am not sure I have seen a GT Forte completed, the closest I believe is Nick.

There have also been numerous posts of Darren getting paid and the parts never arriving.

ian

OK, thank you Ian for the information. I will look at the Tornado and the Southern GT. I will probably save my nerves and won't contact the GT Forte at all.

Are there some other companies making the GT40 replicas in Europe e.g. in Germany so I don't have to pay taxes?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Both are excellent cars and both manufacturers offer great customer service.

what do you want the car for? A road car, or something that will spend more time,on a race track?

ian

Both are excellent cars and both manufacturers offer great customer service.

what do you want the car for? A road car, or something that will spend more time,on a race track?

ian

I would like road car but durable enough to withstand racing (I will take the car on race track but not very often).

Hi, I am new here.
Currently I am thinking about to get the GT Forte kit because of the low initial investment. I would like to know if there is somebody who has built the GT40 all the way down using the GT Forte kit. And what are your experience? Is there some other possibility to get in the build for as low amount of money as the GT Forte offer (I want to start just with the "Chassis Tube Flat Pack Kit" so far).

Thank you very much for any advice

Best wishes,
Martin
I almost ordered the flat pack but heard not so good reviews. So I did a test buy of a low dollar part to see if I get it. If I do not get it then I will know.

Hi Martin,

Just like you my project plan is to keep to investments low for as long as possible and stumbled on this the other day:

If you buy the flatpack through Amazon i think it eliminates all financial risk. Still risk to end up with no chassis though but will get refunded for sure.

How is the quality of the GT forte body panels? Anyone on here have any experience?

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hi,
Not to piss on someones parade here.... just a hint before committing your hard earned funds, do some homework first!

Best of luck

Morten

Charlie M

Supporter
Hi Martin,

Just like you my project plan is to keep to investments low for as long as possible and stumbled on this the other day:

If you buy the flatpack through Amazon i think it eliminates all financial risk. Still risk to end up with no chassis though but will get refunded for sure.

How is the quality of the GT forte body panels? Anyone on here have any experience?

I purchased the flat pack chassis kit and paid using PayPal figuring it was safe. After a couple months and much BS, I finally received the shipment. When I took inventory of the parts I discovered over 20 parts were missing. After getting nowhere with the vendor to provide the missing parts, I filed a claim with PayPal. The only option they gave me was to return the goods at my expense then they would issue a refund. This was unacceptable because if I did I would be out the shipping charges both ways with nothing to show for it.

Bottom line is, dealing with that guy is just not worth it. He'll tell you that he has several kits in stock ready to ship to get you to order, then the misery begins. Don't walk away from that deal, run!

Charlie

I almost ordered the flat pack but heard not so good reviews. So I did a test buy of a low dollar part to see if I get it. If I do not get it then I will know.
I did a test order with GT-FOURTY a dash $160.00 just to see if I get it, its been 3 weeks and nothing yet. Was able to order the body here in the US its getting made now.

I did a test order with GT-FOURTY a dash $160.00 just to see if I get it, its been 3 weeks and nothing yet. Was able to order the body here in the US its getting made now.
To come to the conclusion... it doesn't fit. Not even in his own spider. I even had to cut the whole gauge pod out to reposition it as it didn't align with the steering assembly.

Back