GT Legends

Grats Richard...that is a very great news:)).

I have found many many guys from NZ online and some of theme are very good in driving (many kiwis are really too fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Hope u will play soon on the servers,almost every night i make a turn in the 40 (available now also in an awesome Gulf livery..if u dont find it online i will give it to u).

The game is too nice,only...again..I dont like the modern tracks.

Waiting u and cheers again rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Paul-Italy

Thanks, guys - I appreciate your kind words!

Once our 2yo goes to bed and I have cooked dinner and done any heavy wifely work (as my love is recovering from her caesar), I still get an hour or 2 for gaming in the evenings - I have played through FEAR now, but mostly while Genevieve was still in hospital.

Paul, I found your link and I have already downloaded the Gulf files while but I might need some installation tips from you. When I get the game I'll probably play it for a while and try and unlock the GT40 normally, but if I get frustrated you'll see me online soon!

Once I've had a look through today's forum posts I'll hop over to www.blackholemotorsports.com to see if any other useful files have been posted there. I'm still hoping someone will do a Lola skin for me!

Ciao for now

nevermind rich,
When u get the game i will let u try take confidence wityh the cars (20 minutes..LOL) then i will tell u how to do the cheat (also aPM mail if u need) and also how to install the geetee gulf.
Its too easy.

and is at all the nicest car ever seen:))))

Paul

Hi Charley

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to connect to the game's on-line server for quite some time. I don't know why. But if I get it sorted and you see 'Richie Revs', that'll be me.

I used to look on line for Paolo, but could never catch him with the time change ;) between Australia & Italy. Would be worse with the UK!

I normally race Le Mans against Panteras, 911s and Cobras with 35 cars on track. Spectacular and very noisy.

If you want to find a great source of new tracks (inc Le Mans) and car skins, have a look at

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=916

If you or anyone else is racing a GT40 at Le Mans, the best I can manage is 4:49. The 911s and Panteras on 'professional' can get around in 4:40, but I just can't seem to bridge the gap. Let me know how you get on...

eheh Rich,
I am quite always racing on the old nurburgring (track name is The Mother).
Is an unofficial track, but is very nice and I adore that.
if u need the track just look here:

http://forum.rscnet.org/archive/index.php?t-241473.html

there is also a beta for le mans.

Unfortunately..in the game I dunno why the handle of the gt40 is so bad, and I have to admit I use to race at the ring with the 906,my PB there is at 8,45 and I also adore the great fights when we race in 10 people or more (panic at first turns..as usual..LOL).

another big missing is for all the great ferraris of the period...but thats a royalty problem, as usual with the reds(no GTO..is possible???)

Hope we will meet there

Ciao
paolo

Ciao Paolo!

I wonder if one of my spyware programs is blocking access to the GTL multiplayer site? I'll have to do some digging.

I gave up on the mother because it is such a long track and I couldn't stay on it with the GT40. But I reinstalled it last night, so I'll give it another go now that I have the GT40 handling well.

How well? I just did a GT40 only race at professional level at Le Mans and got a 4:49.6. The next fastest was 4.52! So maybe it doesn't matter if I can't bridge the gap to the Panteras and 911s at this level.

I agree the GT40 is a pig in GTL, but I'll give you some hints to getting it handling reasonably well (without giving away too many of my secrets).

Drop the tyre pressures well below the default. The front and rear camber should also be less than you expect for a car with racing tyres. Experiment in free practice until you get the temp change across the tyre fairly even with a slight increase on the inside edge of the tyre. Make sure you warm up the tyres (and brakes) properly before analysing the data in the garage.

Drop your differential percentages to 20% or less.

Drop your spring rates and sway bars to the lowest setting available. Set Bump to 2 and rebound to 1.

Set your gearing for the track. Use 20% front toe out and 10% rear toe in.

Play around with your braking bias. Move it to the front far enough so you don't get the back coming around as you trail-brake into the corner. I like about 98% line pressure so I can scrub off a lot of speed when going fast, and ease up on the brake as you approach lockup as you slow down.

I set the steering to 12* lock so it's not too sensitive to small inputs, and put castor above 4*.

These basics will give you a car that turns in ok but will oversteer on exit unless you are very smooth on the throttle (I have my controller set to 100% sensitive with 10% deadzone on the pedals, so it's easy to get the right acceleration and braking). You can add a little front ARB to help with the oversteer if you want, but this will be at the expense of turn-in.

I've tried a lot of combinations to get my fast times around Le Mans, and lots of them will be almost exactly as fast, but far less driveable than a setup like the above. A fast car that you can't keep on the track might get you a good lap or 2, but you won't win many races!

Let me know how you get on. If you do get your GT40 to handle well at the mother let me know your PB. I'll give it a go myself, too.

I'll also try and get my multiplayer working...

great tips Rich,
I renamed my setup file as richiegeetee, and is works really good (i try understand all the descriptions..cause my version is in italian:)) and I am not so good in technical english.
Anyway the general feeling is really better and I finally close my first turns at the ring in 9,14.
I made some mistakes and think in short time i will come down in timing..think will be easy to delete 30 seconds or more with some more laps.

Let me just know the timing u play the game...if I can and If I will be at home I will try look for u in online servers(think with australia we are 15 hours different....but dunno exaclty:p:=)

thank u again Rich

paolo

Ciao Paolo

I still can't get online. I even went to the GTL website and tried to manage my account from there, but got the same message about not being able to connect to the server. I'll let you know if and when I can get back online.

I'm glad you're enjoying the GT40 more. I've only had time to do 3 laps of the mother, but got around in 10.16 which included some crashes on each lap, so I'll work at getting faster. The track will take some time to learn. I also really like the 10ks of Monza.

I'm not sure how low you've gone on your tyre pressures. I am using 138kpa front & 140 rear, with front camber at -1.8 and rear at -1.0, so give that a go. These settings aren't perfect yet so there is room to play around.

Who else is playing GTL at the moment?

Hi Paolo

I haven't done any more laps of the mother, so it'll take me a lot of practice to even try and challenge you. But I will practice when I get some time...

Good driving ;)

Back