GT Legends

MWGT40

Supporter
Apologies if this has already been on the forum, but there is a great game coming out for the PC in October featuring all the great classic GT cars, including the GT40 of course. Check out www.gt-legends.com for more details.

...well I saw the game for sale just yesterday...really didnt resist, also cause those guys used MY gt40 for the box cover.
Damn..Ron..u and the forum really made me ill....there is something "internal from heart" when i see the shape of the geetee,even more at those latitudes where is so unknown and so uncommon.

Now i have to work on to win it..cause...of course, the 40 is a Bonus car..and u start the game with a Mini and a Cortina Lotus.

I suggest u all to buy this sim, is really cool and i hope to see some of u in any server to make some races there..:p:p.

is really a drug!

paul

ok..btw..i get the 40.
Is a real beast.
If u do not like to play the game longer with small cars...just use some cheats.Some are good and just to see how bigger cars handles in track(including mustangs, Vette and panteras..)

Paul(if u need i can post here hot to cheat for cars..LOL)

Paul - you have a PM

What are your first impressions about the graphics, gameplay and sound quality (particularly for the GT-40)?

Does anyone else have this game yet? I'm curious to know your system specs, as my current system will hardly run the demo, although it ran GTR ok if you limited the number of opponents to about 6!

I'll get a copy as soon as I have upgraded.

UK release is November 4th, I plan on getting a copy. I will confirm how well it runs along with my system specs next week.

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else have this game yet? I'm curious to know your system specs, as my current system will hardly run the demo, although it ran GTR ok if you limited the number of opponents to about 6!

I'll get a copy as soon as I have upgraded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play the game until I upgrade my PC.

For advice on improving the game's performance, take a look at: http://www.gt-legends.com/faq_en/q25.html

For the demo, it says the specs are:

System Requirements
===================

Minimum Specifications
----------------------
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 2000, XP Home/Pro, x64
Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Pentium III or 100% compatible
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 300 MB free installation space
3D Accelerator: DirectX 8.1 compatible graphics card with 64 MB memory
Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible
Input: Keyboard and Mouse
DirectX Version: 9.0c

Recommended Specifications
--------------------------
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP Home/Pro, x64
Processor 2 GHz Intel Pentium IV or 100% compatible:
Memory 1 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 400 MB free installation space
3D Accelerator: DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 256 MB memory
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Input: DirectX 9.0c compatible force feedback steering wheel
DirectX Version: 9.0c

eheh...i didnt really resist to game front cover....cause u see there our beloved40 in the first place.
The game is really nice(consider my personal best always will be Kaemmer's Grand prix legends),and this time i prefer buy the game specially cause Simbin have provided a great protection (with 2 long code keys) very hard to be skipped.
The torrent verisons (as for GTR at the time)requires a startfuk crack that is not so easy to istall(u should set the machine as for a virtual Cd-rom drive,..but not always it works) and..first of all u can never play this online on the servers,just a peer to peer connection.
I am against illegal software, but sometimes low quality products are expensive as masterpieces (as this GTL is).
I still remember my chock when i tried that ugly s*** of Ford racing, payed 60 bloody euros.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My system features an athlon Xp3200 and 1 gigs Ram DDR,with an X800pro AGP video card(for whom in europe..buy this video cards in Germany..they have the best quality at lower european price.I payed mine 190,00 euros,brand new hardware).
I use a MOMO force feedback wheel.

Anyway i had the opportunity to see the game on slower machines, and also if u have a cheap radeon (also one of 9600 serie) u can play that maybe in a lower resolution(until anyway 1024 the frame rate is still good and playable).
The real cool is anyway first of all about the online gaming,there are several servers everyday full of nut drivers,ready to fight at every turn,with the nicest GT cars of the era.

The BIG lack of this game is for me anyway about the uglyness of modern tracks(they use almost the same tracks of GTR game),in wich u see HOW ugly are them today,as in Monza where u have to drive the gt40...in schumacher's chicanes,and is a real pain in the a**.
I dunno why they didnt to the great add on of same period incredible tracks (we miss too much the Nordschleife and the 70's Le mans...damn.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif).
If u also loved GPL u remeber the wonderful tracks in the game(as old Glenn, Kyalami, Mosport, Rouen and 70's Spa Francochamps..).
I have to be honest...even at Spa i feel as Dave Champ in his quiet tour in his car(still miss the nice Blond near Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif...also screamin').
And another unknown BIG lack is the missing of some Milestones of the era(917).
The ultimate ones u can drive are Porsches 906 and Daytonas.
Only ONE ferrari provided(here can be a problem of royalties).

As Game anyway is surely the best one available on the market,and with some programmer freinds we are planning to make some of the cars from this forum(the Gulf variant is ready).

I hope to see many of u in the servers.I use the same nick I have here, and nearly always race only with Gt40 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Paul.

I've pretty much settled the specs for my new system - just haggling over the last $100 (I can buy the parts $100 cheaper over the internet, but I'd prefer to give my money to a local business if we can agree - that $100 will pay for GTL!).

This is what it will be:

Athlon64 x2 3800+
MSI K8N board (has Creative 7.1 SoundBlaster on board!)
1Mb DDR-400 RAM
XpertVision 7800GT 256MB PCI-e video card
New case with 500w power supply

I'll reuse my old hard drive and DVD drive for now, but replace these in a few months and add a 2nd 7800GT in SLI, an HD Tuner and a 19" monitor. Should do the trick for a couple of years at least!

Once this system is running, I'll just have to keep playing GTR until GTL is released in Australia (and F.E.A.R., Call of Duty 2, HL-2 etc etc)

PS - www.bhmotorsports.com/ is a great source for mods and add-ons etc. Paul, someone might add some new tracks (Le Mans???) and the missing cars (917, P4 etc).

I read somewhere that the game was not supposed to recreate tracks of the 60s and 70s era, but it follows the modern day tracks that these historics compete at today. So you're still racing in 2005, just in an old car. I would have preferred the original track layouts too.

Anyone know how to re-skin the GTL GT-40 to look like my Lola avatar?

Ciao Rich,
I only have templates now for the Wyer-Gulf Gt40.
For the moment I am searching the blue template (Veek's Cav in Le mans blue is my best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

Hope they soon make some of the 60's or 70's tracks, cause as I mention before, run on modern tracks is a pain in the a**.

And older were too nicer and faster at all (look at old Glen track),Grand prix legends teach me this, really...

Nurburing and Sarthe are too important...hope they arrive soon.

In GTL servers I am named Lovegt40.(nearly always I use the gt40..and loose.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, cause my feets are not as Dan Gurney's ones..)
u can found me nearly every night getting angry cause too slow on servers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

I ordered my new computer parts a week ago. I picked up the 19" monitor on the spot, which allows me to run my most of my games on my existing system at 85Hz at 1208x1024. Previously I was limited to 60Hz at 1027x768, and the flicker at that refresh rate was noticable!

The final parts should be in tomorrow, so I may be able to swap hard drives etc on Saturday morning (pending unforseen circumstances).

I just need to wait for GTL to be released in Australia, but I'll be seriously ready!

I got the game, and a new vid card (X800XL). My cpu is an AMD 64 3000+ with 1gig ram.

The game is very good indeed. It looks great and runs smoothly maxed out on eye candy. The only thing I have to keep to medium settings is the headlight effects.

More importantly is how the cars drive and feel. The physics are superb. I am an old school GPL driver and have never been happy with other sims until now.

If you like sim racing and old cars, this is for you. You have to progress your way through to earning the better cars, which is nice, as it rewards you for doing well.

I do not mind that the circuits are modern. This is like running in the FIA classic calendar. Although having older tracks without the chicanes etc would be nice, I am sure that before long the excellent modders out there will release old tracks like the Ring and 60's Spa and LeMans Sarth.

I can't wait for my computer to be finished - this week they are now promising me, as the case and video card have just arrived. Video card now Legend 7800GT rather than Xpertvision - same price too!

Mark, I'm glad you like the game so much. I am hanging out for its Australian release...

Paul, how is your online racing going?

Hi Rich,
It is a real drug..
Me and my friends arestarting to make everyday an italian connection server /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif only for Gt40s and Cobra.

My name online is ...obviously..LOVE gt40!!
Already have available the skin for the Gulf car.
Here u can download it(overwrite over gt40 existing files)

GULF GT40

is a real drug all this....really.
I just hope to find some of u down tehre for online fun(waiting to have my real one..;)

Paul

Hi all

I'm back on-line now after having a beautiful baby daughter on 28th November.

My gaming computer is great, but the bad news is GT Legends hasn't been released in Australia yet! It's now due next Tuesday, but I'll believe it when it goes on the credit card...

Rich

Back