GT40 accident - GT40 repair.......... the final chapter

Well, apart from the paintwork, it's all done.
It will (hopefully) be better than it was before, with new, upgraded brakes all round, poly suspension bushes (only in the front for the time being) aluminium radiator (not that I had a problem with cooling before) improved steering rack position, rebuilt servo's, sound proofing in the cockpit (I've yet to see if this has improved things) and the steering column moved very slightly up out of my lap.
As I haven't and insurance or road tax sorted out yet, I'm not about to risk a road test, but hopefully should be on the road by the weekend.
I've just got to say a big thank you to all those who have hiven me help, advice and encouragement over the past ten months (blimey has it really been that long?)
Here are a couple of pics.
Simon

Attachments

• 58821-GT40-repaired-2.jpg
    58821-GT40-repaired-2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 316
Just realised I've put the number plate slightly askew!

Attachments

• 58822-GT40-repaired-1.jpg
    58822-GT40-repaired-1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 277
Hay u finally fixed it, i think it looks great! better than it did just after the axident /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Simon,

Congrats on getting in put back together! I know its driving you crazy to have it sitting there ready to drive and not being able to. (Trust me, I can relate :)

I know that you'll enjoy the fact that you did all the "may as well" improvements. It will almost be like you got a new car out of it. Its a bitch the way it happened, but you're a great example of getting lemons and making lemonaide!

Persevere, brother!

Regards,
Lynn

Back