GT40 at Willowsprings

Randy,

I'm asking everyone who tracks their GT...Did you line the fender wells with anything to prevent rock damage to the fiberglass?

Gus,

Do you know your gear ratios? I don't have a Roush motor, but I do have a 393W. I have more torque and hp with the Windsor than I had in my Cobra with a 427FE...but because of the tall gearing in the GT I can't feel it like I did in the Cobra.

Just a thought.

Yeah, good point, I have them somewhere. If I remember right, the final drive is tall, but I can't remember what.

Hi Ron,

Line the fender walls and add MORE weight! ... LOL. No I didn't. Yeah, I have a few small chips in the paint but I don't care. I think it adds character to the car.

I have with my Kirkham Cobra. A 1/2 inch thick closed cell dense foam. Does the job very well.

Actually, that's exactly why I asked. My Kirkham had foam lining on the fenders, too.

I've heard others say that rocks thrown by the tires can hit the underside and cause star cracks in the fiberglass and overlying paint. Paint chips I can live with, but I hate the idea of having to repair fiberglass damage too.

It sounds like most people aren't worrying about it. I don't know, I have some bed liner that I bought....I might still use it.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I don't track mine mine but I did line the fenders with foam and the fender lips and rockers are protected with clear bra. No chips or dings so far.

Glenn M

Supporter
It has a Roush, fuel-injected, 351W with a little over 500HP. Yeah, I was surprised how it left the Porsches (GT3) in the dust.

I did a trackday last weekend, I too was really chuffed to outdrag not only a GT3 RS but also a 918 Spyder! I'm not talking about round the corners, because they always have a ready reason why they weren't trying just then, but along the straight when you know they're trying to blow you away and do not want to yield, it is so satisfying!

I did a trackday last weekend, I too was really chuffed to outdrag not only a GT3 RS but also a 918 Spyder! I'm not talking about round the corners, because they always have a ready reason why they weren't trying just then, but along the straight when you know they're trying to blow you away and do not want to yield, it is so satisfying!

Yeah, it's amazing how fast these cars are!

Back