GT40 car club

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Hopefully this is the right spot to post this. I am interested in starting a GT40 club for the state of Washington. I have help from the president of the Pantera club, He has graciously offered to help me with the paperwork (its actually all online) and the rules and things that need to be set up to make it an official and legally recognized club.
I really feel we need to have one. The Pantera club has an open invitation to all the GT40 owners to join them and participate in any of their events or cruises but they can not adopt the 40's as sub category of the Pantera club. I would love to see these cars get together, have some cruises, participate in some of the local car shows, track days? even? We have taken ours (P2107) to a few shows and its usually a huge hit with the crowd, It has won some things even in a sea of Mustangs, thats how much the public likes these cars. We dont care if we win anything, its more about letting people see it, the kids get to sit in it and get their pics taken. Even have had some dads sheepishly ask if they could sit in it to after their kids are done... hec yes!! I get a kick out of that.
If anyone else has any interest in helping get a club started could you please email me? painted @ wildblue.net (no spaces) I would love to get as many of them together as I could and have a cruise and a lunch or something so we could all talk cars.
If this is the wrong place to post this, my apologies, point me in the right direction and I will move it to the appropriate area.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Sure could,
You'd be more than welcomed in and perhaps start a USA meeting / area.

The club already does a brilliant quarterly mag and could do with getting a few American articles.

Ian

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Sure could,
You'd be more than welcomed in and perhaps start a USA meeting / area.

The club already does a brilliant quarterly mag and could do with getting a few American articles.

Ian
I will check out your web site and see how things work and what you guys do, I am just one person trying to get this started at this point so my goal is to start a local one, get it off the ground and rolling so to speak. and then hopefully grow it and perhaps become a chapter of your international group.

Hi Salina,

I am based in the Vancouver area in BC, Canada and would be interested in participating in some of the events and joining the group. My track oriented, street licensed, CAV GT40 will be ready this spring. There are two other CAV's in the Vancouver area also that have been completed for a couple of years now. I don't personally know of other GT40s here but there may be. I will send an email to you also. Keep us posted on progress towards a club for the Northwest!

Gord

:thumbsup:I would love to see this happen, we have a lot of GT40's up here in the North West and it would be great to all get together once and a while. I'm in!

Steve

Salina Bailey

Supporter
I'm in too. Sent you an e mail.

I did not get it, not in my spam folder either, painted@wildblue DOT net lol

I emailed the prez of the pantera club and he is supposed to send me some links on how and where to file this weekend. and help me with writing a mission statement etc.

Salina Bailey

Supporter
:thumbsup:I would love to see this happen, we have a lot of GT40's up here in the North West and it would be great to all get together once and a while. I'm in!

Steve

hey Steve, how are ya? I sent you a pm about it, you should remember us...you know...that blue car that did 360's right behind your tail pipes at the historics? haha! email me!

Salina Bailey

Supporter
ok, I have the ball rolling, could all of you interested please email me [email protected] I need to put together an email list and a member roster of those that would like to join. I would prefer not to keep cluttering up the forum in case the admins would prefer we take this private. again, please email me, name and phone and where you live (helps me when trying to put together an event) We will be, Northwest GT40s . Thank you again , oh and back up email for me, in case you cant get the first one to work, [email protected]

Back